Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Idea: Weapons
Bob Bricks 101 Offline

Threads: 1
Idea: Weapons

I was thinking: Hey, what if you had weapons on amnesia? Now, your probably thinking: UGH, another weapons thread???
But! I beg you to hear me out! I thought it might be cool to have a new game, like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but modern, and you have a handgun. But it would have VERY limiter ammo, and it would be rather useless. (Minimal damage on enemies, since they are already dead and kinda rotten) But the only think you could use it for would be to shoot out locks, breach doors, signal other humans (if any are around), and maybe shoot at enemies, but again, hardly any damage. This forces the player to make a decision: Fight (usually bad choice) or flight.
12-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Idea: Weapons

This discussion has been had dozens of times and this same sort of idea has been presented dozens of times, there's no need to make another thread about it.

Posting Freak
12-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(12-25-2012, 03:04 AM)Bob Bricks 101 Wrote: Now, your probably thinking: UGH, another weapons thread???

That is what I was thinking... And it does sound like most other weapon/multiplayer threads.

1) Amnesia got to where it is for its "Flight" as part of the mechanic, not "Fight". What you are describing is not anything like an amnesia game, but more like Condemned.
2) Having a gun to do many different puzzles like you listed ruins the chance to come up with some unique puzzle designs. The gun seems to be doing most of the work and that defeats the purpose of puzzle solving and you no longer feels as scared as you have something to defend yourself with, even if it doesn't do much damage, it's psychological.
3) Why did you not just put this in one of the previously made weapon threads?

Amnesia is meant to be a single player, immersive horror. Frictional stayed away from guns for a reason and it was an idea that set them apart from every other FPS and horror game out there. Your ideas just generalize the series, and the ultimate vote from fans is "no." So I'm going to close this.
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2012, 03:12 AM by Statyk.)
12-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

It's called Condemned: Criminal Origins.

There. <3
12-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Find