Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hps file not loading on 3rd "level"
Jeeper Offline

Threads: 2
hps file not loading on 3rd "level"

Hello there!

I have a very annoying issue for the last couple of days, the hps file does not seem to load at all in my 3rd level. I have tried recreating everything multiple times, renaming and trying every possible thing that has popped into my head. The wierd thing is that i have done exactly the same thing as i did for my second level.

In the maps folder it looks like this:
01_mapname.map
01_mapname.hps
02_mapname.map
02_mapname.hps
03_mapname.map
03_mapname.hps

No scripts work on the 3rd level. I have no idea what is going on, anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it? The map still start loads and does not give me any error.

Thanks a lot!
12-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: hps file not loading on 3rd "level"

Please post the original name (and check them so they match). If there are .map_cache delete them.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Find
Jeeper Offline

Here is a picture. http://i46.tinypic.com/160sjh3.png

Red means not working. Green working.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 07:00 PM by Jeeper.)
12-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

By what I can see there aren't map caches. And, the scripts and maps are named the same. Weird thing. Just sayin', what happens? It crashes, it just doesn't work in-game?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Find
Jeeper Offline

(12-26-2012, 07:15 PM)The chaser Wrote: By what I can see there aren't map caches. And, the scripts and maps are named the same. Weird thing. Just sayin', what happens? It crashes, it just doesn't work in-game?

It does not crash, it does not give any error messange. But no scripts work. And after a while i just wondered if i was being stupid and made all scripts wrong so i made multiple super simple test scripts. Here is an example of one such script (100 times checked and copy + paste in editor so all names match)

void OnStart()
{

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player","RetardArea","RetardTest",true,1);

}

void RetardTest(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "amb_idle_whimp.snt", "Player", 0.1, false);

}

Edit; For a while i thought it was due to me changing the map via script and not level door. But i later tried to change to one map that i knew worked previously with said script. And this map still worked.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 07:46 PM by Jeeper.)
12-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(12-26-2012, 07:42 PM)Jeeper Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 07:15 PM)The chaser Wrote: By what I can see there aren't map caches. And, the scripts and maps are named the same. Weird thing. Just sayin', what happens? It crashes, it just doesn't work in-game?

It does not crash, it does not give any error messange. But no scripts work. And after a while i just wondered if i was being stupid and made all scripts wrong so i made multiple super simple test scripts. Here is an example of one such script (100 times checked and copy + paste in editor so all names match)

-

void OnStart()
{

}

{

}

Edit; For a while i thought it was due to me changing the map via script and not level door. But i later tried to change to one map that i knew worked previously with said script. And this map still worked.

-
Might work..
don't know for sure..
try 0.1f
I had something like that in one of my script once..
12-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Find
Jeeper Offline

(12-26-2012, 11:59 PM)dnalange Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 07:42 PM)Jeeper Wrote:

-

void OnStart()
{

}

{

}

-
Might work..
don't know for sure..
try 0.1f
I had something like that in one of my script once..

Tried that and multiple other simple scripts, its not the script that doesnt work its that the game doesnt load the next Hps file. For what reason i do not know but it is getting on my nerves Sad
12-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Find