Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestions what kind of Amnesia CS should I made?
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
Any suggestions what kind of Amnesia CS should I made?

Yes. I have been thinking and can't think and make a new or unique storytelling, location, atmospheric areas... etc.

So can YOU tell or suggest me some ideas to improve my upcoming little mod?

Thanks for your time.

“Life is a game, play it”
01-14-2013, 05:31 AM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Any suggestions what kind of Amnesia CS should I made?

I think modern custom stories are much scarier than the old fashioned amnesia scenarios. Like in Penumbra Black Plague, when you're in the ventilation tube and from there you can see a guy in a bed and the lights are blinking. You should try it.

01-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-14-2013, 06:46 AM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: I think modern custom stories are much scarier than the old fashioned amnesia scenarios. Like in Penumbra Black Plague, when you're in the ventilation tube and from there you can see a guy in a bed and the lights are blinking. You should try it.

That just means that he has to import different stuff to Amnesia.
Amnesia was made as an old-story game. I like making it in the not-so-modern time, because that's what all the stuff looks like.

But you shouldn't make a custom story just because you know what kind it should be.
You need to work out a story first. As soon as you've got a good idea, write it down, work on that idea, and after that... Begin!

Improvement you say?

Light, Billboards, Furniture, all that detailing stuff is SERIOUSLY important.

Also, never make big rooms unless it has a purpose.
Big empty rooms never really look good unless they have a purpose.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013, 07:49 AM by FlawlessHappiness.)
01-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Development articles are full of tips and advices for the best experience in level editing.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(01-14-2013, 05:31 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Yes. I have been thinking and can't think and make a new or unique storytelling, location, atmospheric areas... etc.

So can YOU tell or suggest me some ideas to improve my upcoming little mod?

Thanks for your time.

So you want to make something new and unique in every way, but have no idea exactly what.
That's easy: Make a chess mod for Amnesia! Smile
No? You don't think it will fit? (Me neither.)
Then what DOES fit for you? If you turn down chess mods, then you must have some kind of idea. I'd say that "not chess" is a good start. What ELSE don't you want to do?
If you want to make a mod, which will take months, you must have some kind of idea behind that compelling force. If you don't have the driving force, you wouldn't want to make a mod in the first place.
Naturally, I'd personally want you to make a thought out horror mod, so start thinking about what would be scary. Actually don't START with that, because you'll have plenty of time figuring that out while building the levels, which will take up most of your time anyway.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

This is how I think and work, so my tips might not be viable for you to hold in mind. Hopefully you can grab something from it :]

- Always build an area with a unique look in mind; a take on it which inspires you. Don't set out to create an area which is "a castle", always narrow yourself down to something more specific than that.
- Try to start out small. Never have the aim to create large areas (or "a long custom story"), your goal should be to put a lot of detail into each m3.
- Discard abstract ideas which seem too grand, once you start working on something it will naturally grow larger through an influx of ideas you have while working on it.
- Always have fun while creating something. If you are in it for "the long run" you have to enjoy creating something while you are doing it; not motivate yourself through thinking of it's release or final product.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

01-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Thanks for the good tips. I will make something creative soon Smile

I'm interest making good atmosphere now and focusing for hours making one little room and make rich detailed etc. I want make really decent mapping now on..

Same with scares and lightning as well Tongue

“Life is a game, play it”
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Find