Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Problem with the CreateEntityAtArea
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Problem with the CreateEntityAtArea

Well, your answer to post #2 demonstrates that you didn't already know (maybe you thought you did, but actually had some misconceptions); but that's OK - not having a full understanding of something is not a crime. This is why I wanted to explain it to you in detail.

Also, a friendly advice: if we have misunderstood something, it's because you gave us little to go on - it's always better to provide more detail about the error, and about what you're trying to do.

While we're at it, what were you trying to do? I'm guessing that Your Computer had a hunch that you were trying to spawn an item entity, using a name of the item in the inventory, but that you didn't know that these names aren't what you were looking for? Maybe you wanted the player to appear to "drop" the item onto something? Is that it? If so, then that's exactly what I described at the end of my response, declaring it weird and saying that "this can't be what you wanted to do, and the script wouldn't know what to do with it anyway" - and for that, I apologize.
01-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Find