Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Make some noise, just for noises' sake.
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
RE: Make some noise, just for noises' sake.

(01-18-2013, 11:45 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: If I wanted to stop posting I'd stop at 1.666 Smile

U SHUDNT HAVE WAESTED IT

And I agree with nackidno <3

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM by Hardarm.)
01-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Website Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(01-19-2013, 03:29 PM)Hardarm Wrote:
(01-18-2013, 11:45 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: If I wanted to stop posting I'd stop at 1.666 Smile

U SHUDNT HAVE WAESTED IT

And I agree with nackidno <3

WAT DID U JUST SAY?!!
01-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

You know there's a reason why the term "lurk moar" exists. There is a set if unsaid guidelines to every forum, including this one, for what's socially acceptable and what's not, and if someone ends up not taking the time to learn them and makes a stupid thread that doesn't belong then nah I'm not gonna take it seriously. I mean with the heartbeat monitor guy, what relevance did that even hold to this forum? If this was an LP forum I could understand, but literally the only connection I could make was that PewDie also played Amnesia... On top of that, the OP was essentialy just saying "waaah, I did it first this is unfair", do you really expect people to take that seriously?

Besides, I've said this before and I'll say it again, shitty communities are really the best communities at heart. If everyone was super nice to everyone else and walked on egg shells 24/7 this place would be borig as shit. I've been in communities like that where people acted that way and eventually left them for that same exact reason. Hell the only reason I keep coming back here is cause I wonder if dark side/googol will post more stupid shit on game design, or to see if cranky ever comes back again and starts posting super offensive stuff and people rage at him again, etc. So yeah, I do treat it like a bunch of friends at a pub because to me that's what it is and that's the way I think it should be.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM by Kman.)
01-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(01-19-2013, 02:53 PM)nackidno Wrote: Except this is a community and not a bunch of friends hanging out in the pub. If I'm going to be honest, I think a lot of new users are "scared" away from using this forums, because of how some of them have been treated (Alias "eat a whore" comes to mind). That's not acceptable, and as one of the veteran users I don't say that because I think I'm in charge or that I have special privilages just for the sake of being one of the oldest members active today, I say that because I think this community is shit on some levels and that needs to change. Some of you are getting a little too comfy and you let that spill over to new member that may or may not take it as a joke, some get offended and some don't, but even if one new member get offended out of 10 it's still unacceptable.

And that should also apply to making new threads. Even if the herp derp comfy group of the community don't like it, it's not their right to dictate what is a pointless thread and what is not.

Because let's be honest, making one new thread per homo-story that frequently pop up is pretty pointless, instead of keeping them all to one thread, the amazing gif thread is pretty pointless because we have the random thread for that kind of things. THIS thread is pointless, because this is the kind of thing that belong in the random thread.

The thread about the heartbeat monitor guy was not pointless but the members flaming the thread made it impossible to keep it serious, and thus it became pointless to keep it unlocked, see what I mean? I like you guys but please keep it civil.

Just saying

Very much agreed. And not because I'm a moderator. I felt this way even before.

There's a difference between posting a silly inside joke, then there's just the creepy, unfriendly posts. Some members have been getting really comfortable with saying uncomfortable things lately.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 10:28 PM by Statyk.)
01-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Find