Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do I change the menu logo?
BesTCracK Offline

Threads: 14
RE: How do I change the menu logo?

And how did you create the image? Did you use like photoshop for it and special font or basic font?
02-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

It's basically white text with a transparent background. I used GIMP to make the background transparent, but any image editing program would work (except Paint). Also, my file is a png and it works fine.

In Ruins [WIP]
02-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Find
BesTCracK Offline

So, do I edit the original one logo in the gimp or create my own one with background transparent and a text on it?
02-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

The original logo file is a tga file, and I'm not sure if there is a way to edit those in gimp. I'd suggest creating your own and using white text on a transparent background.

In Ruins [WIP]
02-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Find
BesTCracK Offline

Okay I created it, set it up but it still doesnt show. I dont understand why this problem remains and only I cant get it to work. It seems like I'm missing something in the config files, a line that would specific it or something...
02-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Make sure that in your main_init.cfg, ConfigFiles::Menu has the correct path to your menu.cfg. (if you have a custom menu background and it works, then this value is already correct):
[Image: JgqWzIz.png]

Make sure that in your menu.cfg, Main::MenuLogo has the correct path to your image:
[Image: PbT7bBS.png]

In Ruins [WIP]
02-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Find
BesTCracK Offline

(01-21-2013, 01:13 AM)Your Computer Wrote: If your main_init.cfg isn't pointing to your menu.cfg and if the image isn't stored in one of the directories listed in your resources.cfg, don't expect the main menu logo to change.

YourComputer I just love you dude. It looks like you are highly recommended helper on these forums and I apologize, I'm just f**king retard. Obviously it didnt work and then I finally understood what I didnt before. "if the image isn't stored in one of the directories listed in your resources.cfg, don't expect the main menu logo to change." That was it. I had it in graphics folder OR in lang/eng/graphics/main_menu folder and it WASNT listed in the resources.cfg. I read your reply again and found out I should place it somewhere else. I put it in "main_menu" folder which WAS listed in resources.cfg and it works like a charm. Thanks alot dude, your advice is always right and I appreciate all others too that tried to help me. Thanks alot.
02-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Find