Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to make big and agressive spiders?
batass Offline

Threads: 3
Is it possible to make big and agressive spiders?

Hi,

I'd like to use a very big spider in my custom story.
Something like Scale x=3, y=3 and z=3.
But I also want it to move and attack the player.
Is it possible?

Thanks a lot.Smile
01-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Is it possible to make big and agressive spiders?

Theoretically it is indeed possible to make new enemies. You can take for example a copy of the Grunt entity as a basis and then replace the mesh and animations. It is, however, one of the more difficult things to do (which is why new enemies are rather rare in Custom Stories).
I suppose a good starting point would be to see if you can get the penumbra spider mesh and animations imported into the amnesia model editor. You might also need a 3D program (preferably Maya) with the COLLADA exporter in case you have to re-export things or make new animations.

Both these things will most likely already make a ton of problems arise, so be prepared for a lot of cursing and hair-pulling! Wink Also, you can have a look at this thread for most things Maya and Collada - related.
01-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Find
batass Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Is it possible to make big and agressive spiders?

(01-24-2013, 01:51 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Theoretically it is indeed possible to make new enemies. You can take for example a copy of the Grunt entity as a basis and then replace the mesh and animations. It is, however, one of the more difficult things to do (which is why new enemies are rather rare in Custom Stories).
I suppose a good starting point would be to see if you can get the penumbra spider mesh and animations imported into the amnesia model editor. You might also need a 3D program (preferably Maya) with the COLLADA exporter in case you have to re-export things or make new animations.

Both these things will most likely already make a ton of problems arise, so be prepared for a lot of cursing and hair-pulling! Wink Also, you can have a look at this thread for most things Maya and Collada - related.

Woooh it's seems pretty hard...
I'm gonna try!

thanks
01-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Find