Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game will only start on some resolutions and then it own't load
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game will only start on some resolutions and then it own't load

Quote:I already tried those things and I can't figure out which program could be interefering. [Image: sad.gif] I'm about to give up.
Here's some advice for you, no sure it will work or not.

When you are launching Amnesia, Make sure NOTHING except Amnesia and Steam is the only thing running (except the Windows' Services). Therefore, nothing will interfere it. (Or you could turn off your Anti-Virus while playing.)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game will only start on some resolutions and then it own't load

If nothing works, there is something wrong with your specific computer/operating system configuration something that we cannot identify. So, play the game with a lower resolution if that overcomes the issue.
01-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

We all can't help you but, there maybe a problem with your Graphic Card. (Like AMD or Intel or NVidia.)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
01-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Also, this is kind of obvious, but make sure your monitor can support these resolutions. The launcher offers many different settings when it comes to that for 4:3, 16:9, 16:10 monitors etc...
01-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Find
itwontwork Offline

Threads: 1

(01-27-2013, 10:42 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
Quote:I already tried those things and I can't figure out which program could be interefering. [Image: sad.gif] I'm about to give up.
Here's some advice for you, no sure it will work or not.

When you are launching Amnesia, Make sure NOTHING except Amnesia and Steam is the only thing running (except the Windows' Services). Therefore, nothing will interfere it. (Or you could turn off your Anti-Virus while playing.)

Do you think it would be fine if I had Catalyst Control Center running in the background?

(01-28-2013, 12:58 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Also, this is kind of obvious, but make sure your monitor can support these resolutions. The launcher offers many different settings when it comes to that for 4:3, 16:9, 16:10 monitors etc...

Lol yeah it does. Its not a monitor issue, its something with the program itself or another program blocking it I think
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2013, 05:33 PM by itwontwork.)
01-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Something else is causing it, maybe CCC itself. We definitely can't know that. You can experiment to find out what it is and then we will add it to the known programs that cause such behavior. Either way, in the mean time in order to play the game find the maximum working resolution and play with it.
01-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Find
itwontwork Offline

Threads: 1

(01-29-2013, 05:45 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Something else is causing it, maybe CCC itself. We definitely can't know that. You can experiment to find out what it is and then we will add it to the known programs that cause such behavior. Either way, in the mean time in order to play the game find the maximum working resolution and play with it.

See that's the problem. There is no working maximum resolution. There are resolutions where if it is set at it will go through the main menu and everything, but then once it gets to the screen where the actual game itself is running then it won't go past the loading screen.
01-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Mmm, that's a deal breaker indeed. Ok lets try from the beginning:

1) Do you have the latest Catalyst installed which is 13.1? (*)
2) Right click the game via steam, remove local content (uninstall it) and let it redownload.
3) Right click the redownloaded game and do a file integrity check.
4) Go to Documents and delete folder Amnesia (settings & saves are in there)
5) Try to run the game again with maximum settings/resolution etc...
6) If it works, YEAH! If not please reattach HPL.log after the crash occurs.

This way, we will eliminate the chance of a game, driver issue.

*If you have 13.1, try an older one that has Windows 8 support. AMD is not very good at releasing stable drivers right away and sometimes when moving through versions (12 -> 13) they might f%@&6 some things up.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 12:06 AM by plutomaniac.)
01-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

If you still can't play after trying plutomaniac's method above, try closing (or exiting) CCC before playing.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
01-31-2013, 08:02 AM
Find