Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Work in progress A Forgotten Memory
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
A Forgotten Memory

A Forgotten Memory by JustAnotherPlayer

This is my first custom story ever made and is in development hell since January (or is it February). Alright, let's get on with it.

STORY
The year is 1898. You are Arthur Gregory, an architect. You've been hired by well-known noveller and former chemist George Andrews to renovate his home. It all went good, until Arthur comes down to the Wine Cellar to check the progress. What did he found?

FEATURES
- Unique puzzles
- New gameplay mechanics
- A non-darkness atmosphere contrast to most of the CS/FC's and Original Story
- Randomized scares
- New models made by me

PROGRESS
Well only two levels are made so... pretty slow. 8-10 percent.

SCREENSHOTS
Nothing so far.

CREDITS
Thanks to:
Traggey for allowing me to use his models.
Smoke for allowing me to use his models. He said no credits are required, but fuck it. I'm that generous.

Since the main post is updated, the posts below didn't match. At all.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2013, 12:10 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
01-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Unknown Project.

Download Fraps or Bandicam to take an ingame screenshot.
Upload it to http://tinypic.com/ and copy the forum-code.

Trying is the first step to success.
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(01-30-2013, 02:46 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Download Fraps or Bandicam to take an ingame screenshot.
Upload it to http://tinypic.com/ and copy the forum-code.

I already did. I upload some progress to this thread here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11760.html
I also edited the OP.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
02-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Just asking, will there be any flying naked guys in this story ?

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(02-01-2013, 08:47 AM)No Author Wrote: Just asking, will there be any flying naked guys in this story ?

Nope. In fact, monsters will be RARE. The horror in this CS are achieved using [SCARES ARE DELETED TO HIDE MAH RECIPE...]
EDIT: Why does the Level Editor makes these awkward rotation degrees if you copy or rotate it over 360 Degrees? There will be an availble demo later on, when it's released, look at some of the walls, [Rotation] section, Y Axis. Too Awkward.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013, 08:08 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
02-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

(02-01-2013, 10:18 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Nope. In fact, monsters will be RARE. The horror in this CS are achieved using Sound Effects, Hallucination Monsters, Creepy shadows and of course, Atmosphere.
EDIT: Why does the Level Editor makes these awkward rotation degrees if you copy or rotate it over 360 Degrees? There will be an availble demo later on, when it's released, look at some of the walls, [Rotation] section, Y Axis. Too Awkward.

I think I will like this story.
The rotation thing never happen to me. I've even rotate it over 1000 degrees if I didn't pay attention to the rotation thingy.

02-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(02-01-2013, 03:11 PM)No Author Wrote:
(02-01-2013, 10:18 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Nope. In fact, monsters will be RARE. The horror in this CS are achieved using Sound Effects, Hallucination Monsters, Creepy shadows and of course, Atmosphere.

The rotation thing never happen to me. I've even rotate it over 1000 degrees if I didn't pay attention to the rotation thingy.
[SCARES ARE DELETED TO HIDE MAH RECIPE...]

"Veni, vidi, vici."
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013, 08:09 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

(02-01-2013, 03:45 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(02-01-2013, 03:11 PM)No Author Wrote:

When you are walking in a hallway and suddenly hear a monster noise, you hide, right? I used Sound Effects to simulate fear and terror without any danger what so ever. So 1 Creepy Sound Effect = Horror.

Don't spoil your scare to this thread. It won't make it scary when they knew what scares you put on the story.

And no I didn't hide if there's a monster noise in a hallway. Just stand there and then keep walking.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2013, 03:52 PM by No Author.)
02-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(02-01-2013, 03:51 PM)No Author Wrote: Don't spoil your scare to this thread. It won't make it scary when they knew what scares you put on the story.

Don't worry mate this is the development sub-forum. This is for the discussion of the development of mods, including (if the author wants to) the methods being used. Most of the people that will (hopefully) be playing won't be browing this particular forum, unless you're linking back to it of course.

That said, JustAnotherPlayer, your probably already thinking this but, don't use the standard Amnesia monster noises, try to find or create some others. The unknown is awesomely terrifying, but No Author is probably right in pointing out that many seasoned Amnesia players won't be too terrified by those standard monster noises. If they hear other noises, it might just make them think twice

02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(02-01-2013, 05:58 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(02-01-2013, 03:51 PM)No Author Wrote: Don't spoil your scare to this thread. It won't make it scary when they knew what scares you put on the story.

Don't worry mate this is the development sub-forum. This is for the discussion of the development of mods, including (if the author wants to) the methods being used. Most of the people that will (hopefully) be playing won't be browing this particular forum, unless you're linking back to it of course.

That said, JustAnotherPlayer, your probably already thinking this but, don't use the standard Amnesia monster noises, try to find or create some others. The unknown is awesomely terrifying, but No Author is probably right in pointing out that many seasoned Amnesia players won't be too terrified by those standard monster noises. If they hear other noises, it might just make them think twice
OK. Here i goooo browsing some sounds!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
02-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Find