Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Can't properly load updated map
SPF Offline

Threads: 1
Help - Can't properly load updated map

I'm brand new to custom story development and have hit a weird snag.

Whenever I load my updated custom story it seems to load part of an (unsaved) older file and the updated file.

Step-by-step what I've done so far:

I created a room. I put furniture and a floor/ceiling in the room (saves=1). I wanted to see what a pillar looked like so I put it in then deleted it. I put some more furniture in (saves=2). I created a closet and put stuff in it, there is no floor or ceiling for the closet (saves=3). I extended my floor and ceiling to cover the closet (saves=4).

I tested the level, noticing that everything is right except that the pillar is where I had put it and the floor/ceiling doesn't reach outside of the main room. The walls and shelf in closet are fine (I'm assuming the boxes fell).

I removed any map files located in different areas so there is only the most updated file in the custom_stories section. I renamed and re-saved all my custom story files (and making changes to which map to call). And finally I added a new object (a note) to the map (saves=5).

When I reloaded my custom story the pillar was still there, there was still no floor/ceiling for the closet, and the new note I placed WAS there.

I'm using a mac running OS-X 10.8.2.

How do I fix this so that my custom story is properly loading my updated map?
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013, 01:54 AM by SPF.)
02-02-2013, 01:53 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Help - Can't properly load updated map

If there is a .map_cache file located in the same folder as your map file, delete it.

Also, make sure you read this (link) thread before posting.

In Ruins [WIP]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013, 02:12 AM by NaxEla.)
02-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Find
SPF Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Help - Can't properly load updated map

(02-02-2013, 02:08 AM)NaxEla Wrote: If there is a .map_cache file located in the same folder as your map file, delete it.

Also, make sure you read this (link) thread before posting.

That did it! Thank you!
02-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Find