Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Call animation for enemy?
39Games Offline

Threads: 14
Call animation for enemy?

Hi, i've set a player to look at an enemy and I was wondering if there is a code to call an animation on the enemy? Like

void CallAnimation(asEntity, animation)
or something like that?

02-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Call animation for enemy?

There is a basic function that allows use for specific animations, but it requires the use of path nodes:

AddEnemyPatrolNode(string& asName, string& asNodeName, float afWaitTime, string& asAnimation);

Basically, the enemy will move to a position node, then play an animation. To find the name of the animations to use in the string argument, open an enemy in the model editor, then go to "Settings>Animations". The brute has animations like "SwingClaws01" and "SwingClaws02".

Hope that helped!

I rate it 3 memes.
02-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Find
39Games Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Call animation for enemy?

(02-02-2013, 07:15 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: There is a basic function that allows use for specific animations, but it requires the use of path nodes:

AddEnemyPatrolNode(string& asName, string& asNodeName, float afWaitTime, string& asAnimation);

Basically, the enemy will move to a position node, then play an animation. To find the name of the animations to use in the string argument, open an enemy in the model editor, then go to "Settings>Animations". The brute has animations like "SwingClaws01" and "SwingClaws02".

Hope that helped!

Thanks, i'm going to test right now!

Ok, that did not work but I am going to have the enemy kill the player then the intro for the custom story will start, how could I accomplish that?
the OnDeath moment and possibly the intro?

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013, 07:45 AM by 39Games.)
02-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Find