Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

reaction after playing amnesia and how to overcome it
nixxx60 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: reaction after playing amnesia and how to overcome it

(02-03-2013, 04:16 PM)Syronix Wrote: Hey guys!

Just so you know this is mostly my reactions after playing amnesia :

Too afraid to pee in the toilet alone at night
Trauma after saw some monsters and corpses
Can't focus at something
Can't go in a dark place or room
Can't sleep ( mostly )

Now this how I overcome it :

Watch some cartoons to get over it
Edit the monsters with silly things

Or

Never play it again ( permanently )

How about you guys?

i played It got some jumpscares by monsters and had head phones with volume 100 and i only got sacred with chill down my spine by monsters LOL all i did was Save exit try later lolz
02-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-06-2013, 10:18 AM)nixxx60 Wrote:
(02-03-2013, 04:16 PM)Syronix Wrote: Hey guys!

Just so you know this is mostly my reactions after playing amnesia :

Too afraid to pee in the toilet alone at night
Trauma after saw some monsters and corpses
Can't focus at something
Can't go in a dark place or room
Can't sleep ( mostly )

Now this how I overcome it :

Watch some cartoons to get over it
Edit the monsters with silly things

Or

Never play it again ( permanently )

How about you guys?

i played It got some jumpscares by monsters and had head phones with volume 100 and i only got sacred with chill down my spine by monsters LOL all i did was Save exit try later lolz
The scary thing in Amnesia is the atmosphere, sound design, and Hallucination. Jumpscares and Monsters takes that away.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

The scariest part is in dungeon map after fell down from the elevator. When I walked up stairs, the stupid monster spawns. That scared the crap out of me.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I remember first time i played amnesia.
I was terribly scared to just look at the monsters, because you believe on what they write, that the monsters will put down your sanity.
I was afraid of being near them, and i thought they would come in any level...
When you know how it works, it gets boring..

Please don't get rid of your reactions! Those are human reactions, and you will just be ruining everything else, if you start understanding the game

Trying is the first step to success.
02-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Find
Exostalker Offline

Threads: 10

It didn't have such an impact on me, if anything I have more courage in the dark than ever after playing it.

If I played it for the second time, it wouldn't scare me, because all that story creation business and seeing how everything is scripted and made just makes it less scary and mystical.

02-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

I would sometimes freeze if I thought I couldn't get away or escape (due to a door being blocked). I never had what you'd call a 'freak out'. Also, I felt less fear about the dark since it seemed that the monsters mostly appeared when there were lights (and you could see them better).

Anymore, I replay the Storage level. I keep trying to get the monsters to chase me into rooms, then get out of the room and close the door behind me. The 4th/final monster in that level... I get a box to throw at him, then run down stairs, then get the monster trapped in those 4 rooms and let him break out of them. It makes for an intense session. But I'm sure I'll get used to it and then I'll be doing even more dangerous/crazy stuff.
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(02-08-2013, 12:13 PM)Tetrafish Wrote: I would sometimes freeze if I thought I couldn't get away or escape (due to a door being blocked). I never had what you'd call a 'freak out'.

Me neither. Because i knew i was sitting in my own room, and i knew that my father could hear me if i screamed. I think my experience had been better if i screamed and let it out, but i didn't because i couldn't...

(02-08-2013, 12:13 PM)Tetrafish Wrote: Also, I felt less fear about the dark since it seemed that the monsters mostly appeared when there were lights (and you could see them better).

And that's the smartest thing Frictional Games did to Amnesia! They gave us a chance! It would be completely unfair if it came, directly from the darkness...
They are really playing with our psych because we will start fearing light just as much as much as darkness...

Trying is the first step to success.
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Find
Syronix Offline

Threads: 4

So.. To overcome it. We just play amnesia again and again?

May thee light always give you the answer
02-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(02-08-2013, 02:46 PM)Syronix Wrote: So.. To overcome it. We just play amnesia again and again?

I've played the early hub levels multiple times, and they still get to me. It's because I keep forgetting about all of the ambient stuff that really messes with you.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
02-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Find
NightSshadeGaming Offline

Threads: 3

First time I played it... I couldn't play it xD
The very first time I installed it was like 2 months after it's release. Started the game, went in the room, the lights went off... Then the room by the place the lantern is - went inside, some wind formed up and I quit the game, uninstalled it and didn't stop thinking about it for 2 days.

5 months later, I was like 'ok, this time I won't pirate-download it, I'll buy it cuz if I buy it, then I will have to play it, since I paid...'

Bought it, started it and the first encounter with the monster wasn't so bad... But in the dungeons, OOOOOOOOH HELL NO! When I went inside the room that the monster spawned right behind me (since I'm an idiot I didn't see the monster) my heart was beating with like 200bpm, then as I felt safe in that room, I decided to turn around and look for a better place to hide - you have no idea how my heart stopped for like 1 minute and I saw his face like 10cm from mine... Exited, and next time I played (like 2 weeks after), I finished the game Big Grin

It actually helped me, since I don't fear the darkness anymore, but I never really got used to playing Amnesia, I'm still that crying guy that gets scared by everything - even after playing like 20 custom stories... Can't get used to that sh*t T_T

But now I started Penumbra and it feels scary as well - pretty much like the first time I played Amnesia, but since I'm recording myself I can't just leave the game xD

Second Scary/Funny montage :P Even better than the first one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3a89LPxvBk
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013, 04:24 AM by NightSshadeGaming.)
02-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Find