Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door go to different map
megsb927 Offline

Threads: 10
Rainbow  Door go to different map

For example, how would I make A door from map1 go to map2 when i enter it. It's a level door but I don't know how to make it teleport to another map
02-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Door go to different map

When you place the leveldoor inside your level you can click the level door, and then look around in it's properties.

The first window that appears on the right side of the editor, is standard data, like where it is placed in the level, how the rotation is, and how much it is scaled.
If you click the other tab, in the top of that window, the window will change into a new one, where you can change all sorts of things.

In this window there should be a tab called something like "map file", (I don't remember the correct name, but something like that).
It has a button with 3 dots: [...]

Click the button, and you will be able to select which level you want to change to.

Remember that if no level is selected, the game will crash, when clicking the it.

One thing that is very important when you do this, is to, in another tab, write what the StartArea is in the next level.

Usually it's PlayerStartArea_1.

Trying is the first step to success.
02-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Your Computer has a great tutorial about this.

Here's a collection of his tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013, 05:49 PM by Tiger.)
02-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Find
megsb927 Offline

Threads: 10

(02-03-2013, 05:37 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: When you place the leveldoor inside your level you can click the level door, and then look around in it's properties.

The first window that appears on the right side of the editor, is standard data, like where it is placed in the level, how the rotation is, and how much it is scaled.
If you click the other tab, in the top of that window, the window will change into a new one, where you can change all sorts of things.

In this window there should be a tab called something like "map file", (I don't remember the correct name, but something like that).
It has a button with 3 dots: [...]

Click the button, and you will be able to select which level you want to change to.

Remember that if no level is selected, the game will crash, when clicking the it.

One thing that is very important when you do this, is to, in another tab, write what the StartArea is in the next level.

Usually it's PlayerStartArea_1.

I put the correct things in the mapfile tab but how do I script it?
02-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

(02-03-2013, 10:16 PM)megsb927 Wrote: I put the correct things in the mapfile tab but how do I script it?

You don't need to script anything. Once you've specified the map and player start position in the properties for the level door, you can go ahead and use it in-game.

In Ruins [WIP]
02-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

As NaxEla said: No scripting needed.

You only have a to script it, if you want to do it without a level door.

Trying is the first step to success.
02-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Find