Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for Scripter to High Potential Project! [SALAZAR'S GAME]
Trojitus Offline

Threads: 1
Searching for Scripter to High Potential Project! [SALAZAR'S GAME]

Hello forum! Smile

For a couple of months now I have had an, (in my opinion) extremely good story idea inside my head, but my lack of experience in scripting and the fact that I don't have the time to learn it. Anyway, my previous work was Abomination, where I designed most of the levels and wrote the story, and most of the people that played it had thought that the level design was really good, except that it was to big. The reason to that was that we tried to do our school in right scale. But end of that! Here is the story.

"Salazar was a very appriciated doctor, with years of experience, but even him couldn't find an antidote to stop his sorrow. Salazar had gone through a lot more than a ordinary man does during his lifetime, and should. Everyone he had close had died, everyone. His wife, his daughter, his parents, his brothers, his best friend Vaclav and his wife. Dead. Every single one.
Salazar was borned in East Europe, he don't know which day or which year. During an attack from a neraby village Salazar and his family together with his friend Vaclav's family had to flee. They managed to flee to the coast of the Baltic Sea, but when they tried to get on a ship to England his parents and brothers were killed, and so were Vaclav's family. They managed to reach England though, and started a new life. Salazar met his wife Feodora, and Vaclav met his Jane. Salazar got a job as a doctor and started to teach at the University, his wife gave birth to his daughter Lotus and Salazar was happy beyond this planet, but then his whole life started to fall. Both his now pregnant Feodora and Vaclav drowned during a journey to Ireland. His daughter were raped and then tortured in the woods. Vaclav's former wife Jane died of a unknown disease, and everything he had loved were gone. Everything except the University. That was the only thing that kept him alive, but one night he couldn't take it any longer. He tried to kill himself with pills and alcohols, but failed. When he wake up the day after he had become blind. He couldn't see anything, but instead he had gain the ability to see the world out of his loved ones eyes at their very last minute of life, and he is chocked. Everyone that died had another human being to blame for their deaths, and Salazar are determined to find the people and make them go through a similar experience. To his help, he had a poor orphan named Basil, a student from the university, to help him find the people.

Salazar don't believe in forgiveness, he believes in justice."

Well, sorry for it being so long, but i have thought that it would be small "games" or experiences that the player would play through. Anyone want to script this one?

I have already made almost an entire map, so if you're interested in this one, you can do only one Smile

I have no really requirements for this job, all i want is someone that knows how to script. Personal, I am from Sweden and my english isn't very well, so is there any interested swede (or non-swedes ofcourse) out there, hit me up on skype: Ilindiz

Any questions about anything? Write a comment and I will respond Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013, 09:28 PM by Trojitus.)
02-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Searching for Scripter to High Potential Project! [SALAZAR'S GAME]

Hi Trojitus!

You may find that some people will respond to your story a little better if you just summarise it in a list, explaining the important plot points and what the player is likely to see / experience of the story. Ultimately, posting up a piece like this, thats written to read like a short-story, isn't particularly useful because these are games we are making, not books.

Good grammer and descriptive text are not important because the player is going to be playing it, not reading it. When I read what you wrote, I can't imagine how the player is going to actually experience any of it which is a bit of a problem. Don't worry about spending time inventing backstory, just make notes about the main plot points that will actually feature in the game, then let the rest fall into place where it makes sense, otherwise you risk having to make the player do a lot of reading to understand what's happening in the game.

Anyway, good luck finding a scripter, sounds like this has some potential Smile
Sorry I can't offer any actual help! (advice is cheap, and easy Tongue)

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM by Adrianis.)
02-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Find
Trojitus Offline

(02-05-2013, 04:07 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Hi Trojitus!

You may find that some people will respond to your story a little better if you just summarise it in a list, explaining the important plot points and what the player is likely to see / experience of the story. Ultimately, posting up a piece like this, thats written to read like a short-story, isn't particularly useful because these are games we are making, not books.

Good grammer and descriptive text are not important because the player is going to be playing it, not reading it. When I read what you wrote, I can't imagine how the player is going to actually experience any of it which is a bit of a problem. Don't worry about spending time inventing backstory, just make notes about the main plot points that will actually feature in the game, then let the rest fall into place where it makes sense, otherwise you risk having to make the player do a lot of reading to understand what's happening in the game.

Anyway, good luck finding a scripter, sounds like this has some potential Smile
Sorry I can't offer any actual help! (advice is cheap, and easy Tongue)

When I'm reading your post I understand that my text wasn't very describing. Anyway, here are my ideas. The game will be split in single experiences, short ones, (maybe 15-30 minutes long.) Here are some examples I have:

SALAZAR'S GAME: THE MAZE (The one where my design were almost done)

Background Story
The rapist that raped and tortured Salazar's daughter had been found and are placed in a maze.

Main Puzzle With The Mod
You are trying to get out of the maze, just with the help of a couple of tinderboxes and a half-full lantern

Why Should you play this mod?
I want to make this mod a bit new. It will just contain timer-based scripts, that will make things pop-up random and in a different order every time you play this mod, (I'm not sure that you will run the exactly same way two times). This is the thing I want a scripter for: TO MAKE TIMER-BASED SCRIPTS (No jumpscares though)

Reason
You lead the young girl into a dark world, that happened to be her last trip. Will this trip into my dark world be your last journey? /Salazar

SALAZAR'S GAME: THE MIRROR

Background Story
The only thing Salazar did on his spare time when his wife and daughter died was drinking Whiskey and listen to his favourite composer. When i had one of his "dreams" he understands that the composer had killed a lot of other composer just to steal their work and make it his own.

Main Puzzle With The Mod
On each level you will have two identical rooms, except that one or two things in the first room aren't in the second one and vice versa. You have to find this thing in a storage full of things and put it back before anything will happen to you.

This mod will also contain timer-based scripts. And in this mod you don't know what you're looking for. It's no keys, crowbars or hammers, It's just things that you have to find before that time runs out. It will test your ability to see details when you're stressed.

Reason
[i]You have been a great and well-known composer by kill and copy other composer's work. Will that skill make you out of this hell alive?

Mirror mirror on the wall, who are the greatest of them all? /Salazar

SALAZAR'S GAME: THE DOORS

Background Story
Vaclav's wife died of an unknown disease, but when Salazar see it in his dreams, it's not the whole truth. Another doctor tried to heal her in his way, that had been claimed to be the greatest doctor in the whole Britain. When he finds out that another doctor had find a better way the cure the sickness, he become jealous. He kills the doctor and burn his work, because he want to be the greatest doctor.

Main Puzzle With The Mod
The entire mod will contain doors. Every time you walk through a door, you will see three other doors. You will try to get out, and use hammers, crowbars and other things to destroy and get passed the doors you want. This mod will also contain timer-based scripts. It's like the maze mod, but here you can choose your way to get out.

It's like the maze, this will not be the same two times when you play it, because you won't run the same way in the same time.

Reason
You ruined an innocent woman's life and made her go through the doors of heaven, will you get through the doors to freedom or end up enter the doors to hell? /Salazar

Sorry for long post, but please discuss what you think about my ideas people.

Edit: With timer-based scripts I mean when you go through a special area , something won't happen at just that point. It will happen 10 seconds, a minute or maybe 10 minutes later.
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I like your ideas! The puzzles are really nice.
Now i don't have time for scripting for others right now, but i got some ideas that you could maybe use, maybe not. You choose Wink

Why not making it 1 mod? With all the stuff put together.
Your background-stories for the puzzles are good (Stealing others work = Mirror)
You could make it one psychological game, where sometimes you going through a realistic place and story like in the real amnesia, but in between, stuff will break the realism.
Like if you have to sleep, and everytime you sleep, a new puzzle will appear.
It could be mirror, doors, maze, new ideas! Smile
And the player will wake up, and remember where he were when he laid himself to rest, but he will also know, that he has to return to the dreams...

Dude, you just inspirated me to a whole new concept of a custom story... and i'm already doing one... god dangit! Big Grin

Well, good luck from me! Posting those ideas are very good!

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 11:14 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
02-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Find
Trojitus Offline

(02-05-2013, 11:13 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: I like your ideas! The puzzles are really nice.
Now i don't have time for scripting for others right now, but i got some ideas that you could maybe use, maybe not. You choose Wink

Why not making it 1 mod? With all the stuff put together.
Your background-stories for the puzzles are good (Stealing others work = Mirror)
You could make it one psychological game, where sometimes you going through a realistic place and story like in the real amnesia, but in between, stuff will break the realism.
Like if you have to sleep, and everytime you sleep, a new puzzle will appear.
It could be mirror, doors, maze, new ideas! Smile
And the player will wake up, and remember where he were when he laid himself to rest, but he will also know, that he has to return to the dreams...

Dude, you just inspirated me to a whole new concept of a custom story... and i'm already doing one... god dangit! Big Grin

Well, good luck from me! Posting those ideas are very good!

Thanks! Smile

The thing is, I want to a long stories with all this mods, but I don't know if i'm ever gonna have the time to put down on that. So at least i want to release the mods as single experiences. My thought is that we release 4 of this mods, and then, if we got time and ambition, we make the entire story. I want the entire story to contain a lot of cutscenes, with a prolouge and cutscenes between the "games" so you know what's happening. But then i'm gonna change things, like scripts for the maze and the doors and things in the story of the wall, to make the story new again You understand?
02-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Find
Posting Freak

I understand... Is it ok, if i... also use that concept i wrote when i am finished with my current story? I got really inspired.

Of course I'll make up my own puzzles

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 07:50 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
02-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Find
Trojitus Offline

(02-06-2013, 07:49 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: I understand... Is it ok, if i... also use that concept i wrote when i am finished with my current story? I got really inspired.

do whatever you want Smile
02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(02-06-2013, 07:56 PM)Trojitus Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 07:49 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: I understand... Is it ok, if i... also use that concept i wrote when i am finished with my current story? I got really inspired.

do whatever you want Smile

Yay, thank you! Smile *Ideas already forming in my head* Tongue

02-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Find