Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dead Space 3 Thread - Also Co-Op Partner Recruitment Thread
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Dead Space 3 Thread - Also Co-Op Partner Recruitment Thread

While a lot of things about Dead Space's franchise growing due to EA's filthy ideals (like DLC already being part of the fucking game... DLC was meant for things made AFTER production and being put in later, like Halo map packs and Seasonal DLC on Killing Floor. Those I'm fine with. But when you make a game and RIGHT OFF THE RELEASE, there is DLC, that's pathetic) and how they're dumbing things down like ammo. Though it makes up for it in weapon crafting. I CAN'T SAY I didn't enjoy playing DS3... Dead Space 1 will always be the best.

Also, when beating the game in DS3, you unlock the Engineer Suit from DS2... Which is my favorite suit of all Dead Spaces... So needless to say, that made me happy.

I'm half-and-half when it comes to DS3. The game was really dumbed down, the weapons aren't as unique looking, the plot is a bit ridiculous and sounds like EA just made it up to get another sequel going, BUT.... It was still fun, I'm not expectin it to be scary as I know what to expect now (if there was an Amnesia: TDD 2, same monsters and all, you're not as scared because you know what's coming), but I still had fun. And this complaining about Co-op has to stop... It's about time someone made a working horror co-op game. It's FUN. And it actually has more going on in co-op than going on in solo, which makes the co-op experience even better.

I just kinda hope this is EA's last run with the franchise... How they don't know everyone hates their guts, I don't know, but they're slowly killing it. I mean come on, how many games nowadays need to have the same coverart template?

Spoiler below!

[Image: 250px-Dead_Space_3_PC_game_cover.jpg]

[Image: Battlefield_3_Game_Cover.jpg]

[Image: 250px-Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG]

[Image: Modern_Warfare_2_cover.PNG]

02-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

The co-op is really fun in this game. I especially liked that they added alternative viewpoints for the players playing as Issac, and Carver respectively. I really need to go finish all the co-op missions someday if I can just find someone to play with (No one seems to be playing the missions I want on quick game either).

I tried playing with Obliviator a few days back, but my internet was being racist to Canadians, and kept kicking both of us out of the lobby.

Statyk Wrote:While a lot of things about Dead Space's franchise growing due to EA's filthy ideals (like DLC already being part of the fucking game... DLC was meant for things made AFTER production and being put in later, like Halo map packs and Seasonal DLC on Killing Floor. Those I'm fine with. But when you make a game and RIGHT OFF THE RELEASE, there is DLC, that's pathetic) and how they're dumbing things down like ammo.

Also, there's another very big problem to this. As TotalBiscut himself said, some of the DLC, like the ones that increase Bot collection rates is a VERY big deal because it's EA's marketing ploy actively messing with in-game balance, and the overall gameplay experience balance wise. It's not pay-to-get-better-experience, it's pay-to-cheat.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013, 05:24 AM by Kreekakon.)
02-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-28-2013, 05:20 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: I tried playing with Obliviator a few days back, but my internet was being racist to Canadians, and kept kicking both of us out of the lobby.

It actually may have been EA's filters. I saw something about where the network searched for playable games. Maybe they limited the latency so as to avoid connection issues?

So maybe it wasn't your internet, but good intentions just not working out.

02-28-2013, 05:51 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Well I was going to not bother, what with all the directional changes their PR stuff was suggesting, but actually the majority of people are saying its very much the same kind of thing as the first two, so going to have to give in and get it now. It'll never be DS1, but DS2 wasnt DS1 and it was still hella fun. Plus it looks pretty! Thanks for costing me another £30/£40 guys Smile

02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(02-28-2013, 05:12 AM)Statyk Wrote: I mean come on, how many games nowadays need to have the same coverart template?
Alternatively:
Spoiler below!

[Image: Dead_Space_2_Box_Art.jpg]

[Image: Fear_3_Promo_Art.jpg]

[Image: StarCraft_II_-_Box_Art.jpg]

[Image: Diablo_III_cover.png]

In all seriousness though, it's kind of a shame we don't get to see more original cover art that much, but as a whole it doesn't bother me that much.

Image by BandyGrass
02-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(02-28-2013, 05:12 AM)Statyk Wrote: how many games nowadays need to have the same coverart template?

[Image: 250px-Dead_Space_3_PC_game_cover.jpg]

To be honest. I think the moon in the coverart was actually a very smart idea.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013, 09:15 PM by Danny Boy.)
02-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(02-28-2013, 09:14 PM)Dodfod Wrote:
Spoiler below!
To be honest. I think the moon in the coverart was actually a very smart idea.
I agree completely, but....

...spoiler tags? D:

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 12:17 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(03-01-2013, 06:00 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 09:14 PM)Dodfod Wrote: To be honest. I think the moon in the coverart was actually a very smart idea.
I agree completely, but....

...spoiler tags? D:

Dude, when someone spoils something very subtly like that, the worst thing you can do is tell them to use spoiler tags... cause now, everyone who hasnt played it is assuming something spoilery happens with the moon, wheras before it could have just been a cool thing. Now I'm thinking you use the moon to smash the planet to kill the stuff? Or the evil originated on the moon? Or both?!

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM by Adrianis.)
03-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

First(?) Dead Space 3 DLC is coming March 12th for all platforms, titled Dead Space 3: Awakened. Video is a bit spoilerly so don't watch it if you haven't played the main game yet.

Image by BandyGrass
03-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Find
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

is good game????
03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Find