Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement [ For your CS ] In the need of a music producer to make music? Check this out!
Creacs Offline

Threads: 1
Heart  [ For your CS ] In the need of a music producer to make music? Check this out!

Hello!

This is my first post on Frictional Games, ever!

I've been here before for the mods ofc xD

But i have been creating music for a while now!

I can also be a voice actor if you want.

Sound Sample: https://soundcloud.com/aerolightofficial...hall-music

Voice Sample: https://soundcloud.com/aerolightofficial/voice-sample ( me reading this thread out loud: Skipping Sound Sample because it contains a link )

The sound sample is probably fit for a Main Hall ( something like the Atrium in Abduction ), perhaps something similiar since it's bright and nice Smile

Dont be shy to reply Smile Im friendly and wont bite xD

EDIT: If the sound sample doesn't impress you, check this out: http://aerolight.bandcamp.com/

EDIT: I can edit it out if you want ( slower or faster, more instruments / different instruments, higher or darker, just let me know Smile )
With regards from, Aerolight / Creacs

I took the time to make a voice sample Smile

so...

BUMP! Or whatever you say when you update / edit
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013, 06:00 PM by Creacs.)
02-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: [ For your CS ] In the need of a music producer to make music? Check this out!

Exactly how long have you been creating music?

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2013, 08:49 AM by Mine Turtle.)
02-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Find
Creacs Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [ For your CS ] In the need of a music producer to make music? Check this out!

(02-07-2013, 08:49 AM)Mine Turtle Wrote: Exactly how long have you been creating music?

For almost a year now Smile
02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(02-07-2013, 12:21 PM)Creacs Wrote:
(02-07-2013, 08:49 AM)Mine Turtle Wrote: Exactly how long have you been creating music?

I've been creating music for 4 years now. I could decide, today, to do some horror game soundtracks, but I don't. Mastering ambiance and the "horror" themed feels takes quite a while, and just because I can make it, doesn't mean that I should.

For some constructive (slightly harsh) feedback:

I'd recommend you take a little more time on developing your music production skills before jumping to sudden conclusions that you can make horror themed soundtracks. I know it sounds harsh, but you'd be better off making something else in the meantime. Your mastering on your tracks is way off (To master a track means to basically level your song's volume on the different synths you use, hitting a "sweet-spot" where a user/listener can turn up the volume as high as he/she wishes without causing audial distortion (annoying noises, basically(reference: the piano in that track was incredibly loud))). You could say that I'm calling your sounds that of a lower quality at this point, but personally I see it as a better way to learn for you, rather than telling you nothing but the fact that your audio sounds "awesome".
A year of music production, looking at what you've produced, is decent, but listening to your tracks, non focused on the horror themed releases, and seeing that you actually dare try to claim money for them is honestly a bit offensive. You've basically added some default beats and claps, along with a piano synth together in a nifty pattern, repeatedly being replayed. I've made over 200 different projects over the course of my music production "career" if you'd like, bunchastuff, very varied, but I never settled for anything, thinking "oh, I guess its alright.". I always knew that I could improve, and when the time came I could start to follow the famous quote "If you're good at something, never do it for free". I aim high, but I take baby-steps on my way there. This isn't a reply for me to brag about all of the "awesome" shit I've done and made over the years; far from it; I'm just trying to show you that just because you have the tools, doesn't mean they're any good if you don't know how to use them.

Quick recap:

You should try getting to know the software you're using, before aiming too high. Aiming high is a neat trait, but the aim is no use without the bow and arrow equipped, per-say. I see you're into the techno genre; atleast thats the impression i recieved. Work on more *your genre* focused stuff. Not only does it help you learn the program you're using, but it also helps you build a more solid knowledgebase of music production in general. Later on when you then feel comfortable with whatever you're using, and decide to jump into a new area of music production/construction, you will then be more suited for the job.

We're all different. I'm not saying you HAVE to have like, 4 years of experience with the program, but you need to have a grand familiarity with it, atleast; the different effects, the equalizers, filters and mastering tools, along with song-construction, to get it right.

TL;DR:

Read it.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
02-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(02-07-2013, 12:21 PM)Creacs Wrote:

I agree with MineTurtle. It sounds more like a sentimental piece of music, rather than horror. To an extent, the music is almost reminiscent of a love story instead of excruciating pain and suffering (most widely and generalized feelings that horror games produce and provide).

Work on much more harsh tones, stronger beats, deafening- defying pieces of music that are examples of how much fear is in your mind and your game. I've been playing music for about 9 years now. I have only created music for about 3, usually with just one instrument.

I'd suggest you re-evaluate your composing abilities and expand upon what you know. At the moment, you can make heart-felt, emotionally sad and happy music. It's light, fluffy and yet cold, like a metal pipe. Instead of softly touching that metal pipe on your arm, slam the pipe down until you break the arm (I know, horrible analogy, nearly scary, but just go with me here).

If you have to, grab some inspiration from Python Blue, listen to the Dead Space sound tracks, get some Resident Evil and Silent Hill on your music library and engulf yourself in some horror. Hope that helps! Smile

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
02-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Find