Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Where did the Servants Come From
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Amnesia: Where did the Servants Come From

(02-15-2013, 08:06 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: They were probably killed by either The Shadow, Alexander or The Servants (Controlled by Alexander) Wink
Whoever killed them, they were probably fixed up by Alexander.
02-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(02-16-2013, 12:23 AM)felixmole Wrote:
(02-15-2013, 08:06 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: They were probably killed by either The Shadow, Alexander or The Servants (Controlled by Alexander) Wink
Whoever killed them, they were probably fixed up by Alexander.

Indeed... *Shivers*

Trying is the first step to success.
02-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-15-2013, 07:39 PM)felixmole Wrote: Another hypothesis: In the elevator machinery, there is a piece of Daniel's journal that reads (about people who knew about the orb): "How has this escaped to me? They're all dead. Limbs scattered, head split down the middle, their skin flayed as if boiled." Does this not remind you the brute?
Yes, they do remind me of the Brute. But that is a whole 'nother thing.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

Here's a thought about that note sounding like a Brute - what if the grunts are Alexander's servants but the Brute is actually a manifestation of the shadow using the bodies of those men?

Is it ever confirmed that the Brute is linked to Alexander? Though the Brute is around he sends Grunts to capture you. Maybe the dead Grunt in the sewer was killed by a Brute.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2013, 12:59 PM by rtjhbfvsrry.)
02-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(02-17-2013, 12:58 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: Here's a thought about that note sounding like a Brute - what if the grunts are Alexander's servants but the Brute is actually a manifestation of the shadow using the bodies of those men?

Is it ever confirmed that the Brute is linked to Alexander? Though the Brute is around he sends Grunts to capture you. Maybe the dead Grunt in the sewer was killed by a Brute.

That is a very nice thought!
That actually explains why it is just wandering around in the sewer. It isn't send by Alexander to go find Daniel. It just wanders around, and stumbles into Daniel

Trying is the first step to success.
02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(02-17-2013, 12:58 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: Here's a thought about that note sounding like a Brute - what if the grunts are Alexander's servants but the Brute is actually a manifestation of the shadow using the bodies of those men?
Well, the issue here is that the brutes have a human touch. All their limbs have been "joined" thanks to metal plates and nails. It is implicit there that somebody took out their toolbox to fix the damage caused to those poor men.

Also, in the prison you can hear a man being dragged into a cell by a brute. I assume their task was to guard the prison and take the prisoners to the choir, where the torture rooms were.

Although in the sewers you can see a grunt that has been cut in half, which could very well have been done by a brute.
02-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

The human touch is a very good point, that throws a spanner into that theory. Alternatively, maybe Alexander just used the effects of the Orb to create the Brute. It would still explain why it is the same as Daniel's description of the fates of everyone he told about the Orb.
02-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(02-17-2013, 01:42 PM)felixmole Wrote: Also, in the prison you can hear a man being dragged into a cell by a brute. I assume their task was to guard the prison and take the prisoners to the choir, where the torture rooms were.

Although in the sewers you can see a grunt that has been cut in half, which could very well have been done by a brute.

I always thought this was the brute chasing after a man. This also might match more with the scene where you hear the man being torn apart by the brute, a splash of blood flowing out of the door and the brute coming out and walking the other direction. =)

The task to guard the prison sounds very intriguing, and it is also where we start hearing and seeing them more. However, I am starting to think that their task might be more focused on actual defense and guarding, perhaps if just to strike enough fear into the prisoners for them not to try any funny stuff. The fact that the brute has a huge machete thing for an arm brings the question what their purpose really was. Did Alexander merely need creatures to capture and bring in prisoners, or did he really need something definite deadly? Perhaps it was needed as a means to ensure nobody had the chance to escape, and hunt down and kill any fleeing prisoners before they could tell anyone on the outside what was going on?

Ah, the severed grunt in the sewers. It does make sense that the brute could slice it up in a split second. However, if we are to assume that the brutes are, like the grunts, under Alexander's control and will, this may not be likely, unless the brutes and grunts would attack anything moving at sight. I personally believe the guardian killed it. A note by Daniel said that victims of the guardian often had their limbs scattered and split, and the corpse was lying right by the otherworldly tissue. If you think back to the back hall, once you leave your guest house, a blood-covered torso is found right outside, likely belonging to a grunt, and shortly, the guardian leaves its trademark.

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2013, 04:46 PM by Diz.)
02-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

An interesting speculation on the amnesia wiki notes that Wilhelm may be the brute, and so by extension there is only one brute, who may be the leader so to speak of the rest of the grunts.

Something else it points out is that despite the brute(s)'s head being split almost all the way down the center, and thus its brain being completely destroyed, it still seems to be living and even incredibly athletic. This would support the idea that the brute is more than an incredibly mutated, corporeal being and actually have some sort of supernatural element associated with it. That supernatural element may or may not be the shadow.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2013, 12:15 AM by bluel0bster.)
02-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-17-2013, 12:58 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: Maybe the dead Grunt in the sewer was killed by a Brute.

Yeah, the cuts are very fine and look like it was cut by the brute, but it could also have been done by the shadow, since the grunt is lying in the red matter and it would make sense, because when you walk on the red matter, daniel get's hurt and it looks like it's damage from something slicing him.

(02-17-2013, 01:42 PM)felixmole Wrote: Also, in the prison you can hear a man being dragged into a cell by a brute. I assume their task was to guard the prison and take the prisoners to the choir, where the torture rooms were.

Wow, never thought of that. It makes perfect sense.

(02-17-2013, 04:43 PM)Diz Wrote: Ah, the severed grunt in the sewers. It does make sense that the brute could slice it up in a split second. However, if we are to assume that the brutes are, like the grunts, under Alexander's control and will, this may not be likely, unless the brutes and grunts would attack anything moving at sight. I personally believe the guardian killed it. A note by Daniel said that victims of the guardian often had their limbs scattered and split, and the corpse was lying right by the otherworldly tissue. If you think back to the back hall, once you leave your guest house, a blood-covered torso is found right outside, likely belonging to a grunt, and shortly, the guardian leaves its trademark.

There's nothing in the game called 'The Guardian'. You must be thinking of either The gatherers(Grunts and Brutes) or the Kaernk.

edit: I just realized you meant the shadow...
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM by Tiger.)
02-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Find