Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Using Penumbra music in a film
AnttiApina Offline

Threads: 1
Using Penumbra music in a film

Hi!

I think the music in penumbra is just AWESOME! It's one of the greatest soundtrack i have listened! Now i have almost finished editing, but we only need music. I think penumbra music would be best for it and now i have a favor to ask. Can i use music from Black Plague in my school project film?
It's going to be shown on our art gallery about one week, but because of the copyrights i must have a permission for the music. I am not going to make money with this and after the gallery it won't be shown anywhere else and it's not going to be somewhere like youtube. If i don't get permission it's alright, but it would fit perfectly in the movie. There would be special thanks to Mikko Tarmia and Frictional Games in the credit rolls.

I am waiting for answer Smile .
05-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Using Penumbra music in a film

I think it's okay.
The Devs don't hang around here all too much, or at least they don't make it apparent. People take music from movies and videogames all the time and use in projects and flash animations and I think it's even legal as long as you don't make money on the project or flash animation in question.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Find