Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is your favorite monster? (SPOILERS)
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: What is your favorite monster? (SPOILERS)

The Grunt has always been my favourite, it still has human features; for example, a face, as hideous as that face is I'll never forget my first encounter, how scared I was, mainly because with recognizable human features like a face it displays more emotion. To see that face again during my first playthrough wasn't only terrifying but it was also - in a way - devastating and sickening, I just loved how deeply terrified I was of them.

The Brute was very intense but hardly as as scary and traumatizing as the grunt for me.

The Kaernk was quite unexpected but never really deeply scared me; although, it made me kind of scared of water. Tongue
05-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Always the Suitor. I'll never forget that huge c**k

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Find
kooky500 Offline

Threads: 0

Hm, probably the brute. Because for me I think the Grunt got a little old after a while. Yes, it was scary, but I think they slightly overused it. I also like the Kaernk, though it wasn't really that scary for me because; A.there is a way to kill it, and B.you can progress without having to wait for it to leave.
05-14-2013, 05:11 AM
Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

I would Say the grunt is the freakiest. It's face just makes it look so freaky. I have dreamt about seeing the grunt multiple times haha.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
05-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

The Brute! because it is the brute that make me not want to play amnesia, it's noises and sounds are so scary!
12-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

1. Brute (traumatized after the choir)
2. Suitor
3. Grunt
12-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

The Suitor wins over the Brute for me. Even if I played quite a lot of mods, custom maps, the suitors still affect and disturb me when I have to face them/run from them.

12-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82

Suitor and Brute takes a split for me.

The Suitor have a horrifying soundtrack, even when not hunting you and when hunting you. The sounds from it though aint that terrifying to me.

The Brute don't have as scary soundtrack as the Suitor, but it kinda gives me shivers from its walking sounds. And both of them has the same strength and speed. It's hard to choose between those who is best.
12-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Find
Kilseno Offline

Threads: 0

Grunts were terrifying at the first sight, their deformed face was really something you could have nightmares from. And since they were placed in the first parts of the castle when you were still learning the game, the horror was genuine and overwhelming. Their spawning sound still gives me goosebumps.

Brutes on the other hand were kinda positioned in places where simply hiding and waiting till they walk away would not work in all the cases. Sewers, Morgue, Choir, in all of those places you had to do something in order to move on. The sounds they make are horrifying and I think I still got that Brutephobia from the Choir where it was so many of them and they could come from any direction and you could not spot them before it was too late. Yes, that is what definitely is stamped in my mind.

And here we get to the Suitors. They are the whole other story. Simply the fact they are still alive makes it somehow different than the previous ones and also they have got some serious and personal reasons to tear you apart which just adds to the immersion and fear. The theme that is playing when they are searching for you is absolutely amazing, it gives me shivers everytime I hear it. One could say "hey, they are blind so they are much easier to pass by than other monsters" but I've somehow got this feeling they are kinda more intelligent and smart than Grunts or Brutes. Or maybe it's a mere fact that knowing they can't see, you let yourself get closer to them and in fact play less safely? This could be a reason. And except for Alois, THEY DON'T GO AWAY! I think this is the most frustrating thing about it, you can't just hide and cry in the corner, you HAVE TO man up and go! That is what gave me the hardest time in this game, knowing that waiting gives me nothing and I have to finally face my own fear and go forward. Add up the time pressure which is given in the dungeon when Malo is hitting the door and you have the recipe how to increase my heartrate up to 150-160 and make my hands shake so hard I can't pull the lever correctly. Yes, the Suitors with their chains and these wheels on their necks are definitely the scariest for me personally.
01-20-2014, 04:33 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-20-2014, 04:33 AM)Kilseno Wrote: Grunts were terrifying at the first sight, their deformed face was really something you could have nightmares from. And since they were placed in the first parts of the castle when you were still learning the game, the horror was genuine and overwhelming. Their spawning sound still gives me goosebumps.

Brutes on the other hand were kinda positioned in places where simply hiding and waiting till they walk away would not work in all the cases. Sewers, Morgue, Choir, in all of those places you had to do something in order to move on. The sounds they make are horrifying and I think I still got that Brutephobia from the Choir where it was so many of them and they could come from any direction and you could not spot them before it was too late. Yes, that is what definitely is stamped in my mind.

And here we get to the Suitors. They are the whole other story. Simply the fact they are still alive makes it somehow different than the previous ones and also they have got some serious and personal reasons to tear you apart which just adds to the immersion and fear. The theme that is playing when they are searching for you is absolutely amazing, it gives me shivers everytime I hear it. One could say "hey, they are blind so they are much easier to pass by than other monsters" but I've somehow got this feeling they are kinda more intelligent and smart than Grunts or Brutes. Or maybe it's a mere fact that knowing they can't see, you let yourself get closer to them and in fact play less safely? This could be a reason. And except for Alois, THEY DON'T GO AWAY! I think this is the most frustrating thing about it, you can't just hide and cry in the corner, you HAVE TO man up and go! That is what gave me the hardest time in this game, knowing that waiting gives me nothing and I have to finally face my own fear and go forward. Add up the time pressure which is given in the dungeon when Malo is hitting the door and you have the recipe how to increase my heartrate up to 150-160 and make my hands shake so hard I can't pull the lever correctly. Yes, the Suitors with their chains and these wheels on their necks are definitely the scariest for me personally.

The fact that the Suitors are naked with their junks flopping around scarred me more.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Find