Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is your favorite monster? (SPOILERS)
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: What is your favorite monster? (SPOILERS)

I must agree with DogFood. The suitors are probably the scariest enemy.
02-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Find
AmbrozZomburg Offline

Threads: 0

Suitors does not scares me at all : / Human like monsters are not scary for me LOL
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 06:57 PM by AmbrozZomburg.)
02-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Website Find
AJRacer543 Offline

Threads: 0

My favorite monster in the original game? The grunts because of their funny haircuts :3. I dreaded both Basile and Malo. Just the attitudes and their stories scare me... If I could choose a CS; Tenebris Lake would have to contain some of the freakiest monsters or weirdest I'd seen
02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

My favourite is The Shadow.

Mostly because it's so mysterious and wicked.
You never see The Shadow. Only what it left behind of itself.

It's invisible. No, not just invisible. It isn't just a thing we can't see... It's everywhere. Haunting the lightened room, and hunting in the pitch black corridors of Castle Brennenburg.
There is no way to avoid it, and no way to outrun it.
It sees you running, but you cannot run away. For you are running directly against it.
It hears you pant, when you are out of breath and pulling air into your lungs.

Surrender to it. It isn't your enemy, for it will take away the pain... forever...

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 11:18 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
02-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-20-2013, 11:18 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: My favourite is The Shadow.

It's invisible. No, not just invisible. It isn't just a thing we can't see... It's everywhere. Haunting the lightened room, and hunting in the pitch black corridors of Castle Brennenburg.
It sees you running, but you cannot run away. For you are running directly against it.

Surrender to it. It isn't your enemy, for it will take away the pain... forever...

I like the Brute!
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013, 04:03 PM by Traggey.)
02-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(02-20-2013, 11:19 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 11:18 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: My favourite is The Shadow.

Gay!

I like the Brute!
Me 2

[Image: p229xcq]
02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

Grunts. They're a bit funny, yet still creepy. Most definitely still dangerous though.

I think I fear the Brutes the most. It seems to me that Grunts can break a door in 3 hits, but Brutes can in 2. ...I'm not sure (even as long as I've played this game).

Suitors? I don't know why we're identifying them since they're all the same -just with different voices. They're all out to kill you anyway.

Water monsters?... I think they can be killed if you push a box/barrel into them. By "killed" I think the object is displacing them below the ground which makes them fall through. But I could be wrong about that.

The Shadow? You can outrun it -not like the Grunts and Brutes.
02-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Me: (Sees grunt.) Nah.
Me: (Sees brute.) Nah. I can just hide and make 0 noises!
Me: (Sees suitor.) HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

The difference is that a new monster will always scare us, because we've never known what it even looks like!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

The enemies never scared me, it is what they did that scared me. Like...
(don't look if you haven't beaten the game)
Spoiler below!
when your in the sewer and you see the brute for the first time and you pass him and he starts chasing you.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
02-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(02-21-2013, 11:11 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Me: (Sees grunt.) Nah.
Me: (Sees brute.) Nah. I can just hide and make 0 noises!
Me: (Sees suitor.) HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

The difference is that a new monster will always scare us, because we've never known what it even looks like!

This is also why I think the suitor is not really that much more scary than the brute or even the grunt. Many of us are well used to the grunts and brutes before we even know Justine exists. Most of us do not even get to see the monsters the first time we encounter them, we hear them or at best see their silhouettes far ahead.

I do think that the suitor might look more terrifying than the brute, but in terms of noises, I do not think any of the already-existing monsters beats the brute. I know you said that the suitor might be even more scary due to being relatively new in comparison, but I still like to compare them as if their encounters were entirely fresh to me. =)

I already made a post in here, but it was in one of the duplicate topics and I suppose the moderator forgot to mend my post into this one. My favourite monster is the grunt. After given a chance to explore a creepy and dark world for a bit, the grunt, with its terrifying silhouette, is the first sign of presence you meet in the game, and that really gave me quite the impression. Furthermore, the grunt seems quite clumsy yet lethally dangerous, something which I think its music reflects extremely well, and although it has a clumsy appearance, when you are scared it just adds to the terrifying factor in my opinion.

The Brute is really interesting, I would say. It is far more dangerous and certainly feels a lot more serious and angry. Combined with this, it is a walking killing machine with a machete as an arm, and its music suits its presence filling a ton of horror into your soul. Its loud and terrifying groan gives you the impression that it truly is out to kill, and even Daniel himself completely freaks out the first few visual encounters with him. Its metal sound as it walks and runs. The first real encounter with this thing forces you to listen to its presence, and with all the metal sounds and groaning like a massive dinosaur, you never even knew what to think, which I think makes a terrifying first impression. I still have the grunt as my favourite monster though, as I feel its clumsy and curious appearance is very interesting and even sometimes makes it much more scary for me.

The suitors are a great and terrifying addition to the game, and each one even has its own story and audial appearance. The fact that they can speak, and even in a haunted manner at that, can make you feel even more threatened and scared. They have a ghastly shackling sound as they walk, and their sour breathing really makes you want to just bugger off stat! They may even look the scariest out of all creatures if seen far ahead as a dark silhouette, appearing in a haunting ghost's manner. However, I feel the brute and grunt are further up the list due to the suitors actually being human and more or less alive, or at least as far as we know, and from the first moment I had the impression that they were living torture victims. Although terrifying, I feel the grunt and brute are more interesting if only for the fact that they no longer appear to be alive or creatures from this world, thus you feel that you never really know how they think or choose to behave, which is a terrifying thought, in my opinion.

The Guardian, something I was not originally going to mention as technically not a monster in the same way, but definitely the most interesting to talk about, in my opinion. We know so little of it. I started picturing it as an extremely huge beast with a god's destructive powers. The fact that it roars from the horizon and that you actually can feel steps and stomping in water in one of its chase scenes makes me believe it can partially take form of a giant beast only partially affected by the world's physics, if that even remotely makes sense. Since it is lacking definite physical representation and monster status at this point, I choose not to mark it as my favourite monster, but definitely the most interesting part of the game, I feel. ^^

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Find