Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My story wont show up in the list
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
My story wont show up in the list

Im still very early in development of my custom story but I wanted to make it appear in the list so I can add text for my notes and things. So I went through the 'wrap up your custom story' page but for some reason mine still wont show up. I have made a folder in my custom story folder with a sub folder for maps, and I also made custom_story_settings.cfg and extra_english.lang files, the contents:

<Main
    ImgFile = ""
    Name="Escape"
    Author="Serbusfish"

MapsFolder = "Maps/"
    StartMap="04_old_castle"
    StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>

<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Drunk_note_Name">Test Note</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Drunk_note_Text">Drinking with the Earl is most surely a grand experience, though one does lose track of time when partaking in such an event. Incidentally in my drunken stupor I seem to have misplaced one of my keys. It must be in the Parlor somewhere... </Entry>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
      <Entry Name="Escape">
         You take the potion to forget what you've seen, what you have done. But now you must venture back into the darkness so you can escape this nightmare once and for all.
      </Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

02-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: My story wont show up in the list

Are you sure that your maps folder is called "Maps" (with the capital M?), or is it "maps"? Also, try putting 04_old_castle.map instead of 04_old_castle.

In Ruins [WIP]
02-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
RE: My story wont show up in the list

(02-19-2013, 02:06 AM)NaxEla Wrote: Are you sure that your maps folder is called "Maps" (with the capital M?), or is it "maps"? Also, try putting 04_old_castle.map instead of 04_old_castle.

Yep, it was because I didnt have .map at the end, thanks!

02-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Find