Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Frunken Productions - New FC Mod!
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
Frunken Productions - New FC Mod!

Hey guys!
I want to announce some good news, Frunken Productions is back! We are now 7 guys working on a huge Full Conversion mod that we hope will match the best. We are still figuring out the storyline as we have just started to make maps, creating models, and drawing concept art. We are planning to use complete new monsters, animations and models.

The first screenshots, artwork and models will be released on our blog during the upcoming week, and a concept art of our first monster in an early stage has already been posted. To stay tuned with this mod, check out our blog here:
Frunken Productions Blog

To find out more about us, watch our first trailer, read about how I feel when playing Amnesia and more, check out our new website!
Frunken Productions Website

Feel free to give us feedback and critics to help us improve, but please do not be rude. That will not help anyone.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
02-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

RE: Frunken Productions - New FC Mod!

(02-22-2013, 11:22 PM)Robosprog Wrote: The lighting in the trailer shows that you either don't change the color of the lighting, nor does it appear you have a boxlight, try changing color values to make it more simillar to the lamp, and have a massive box light covering the entire area that is very dark so it does not fade into instant black. You shouldn't have so many red candle stands in the same area as well as it looks really ugly, no offense intended, also, your environments need a lot more detail and complexity, they look very plain and boring at the minute.

That trailer is from our first custom story, "The Game", which was terribly bad. Our new project will have details from top to toe, and none of those mistakes will be made. How do you suggest I get more clear about that the trailer on the website is old and not what we are proud of now?

02-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: How do you suggest I get more clear about that the trailer on the website is old and not what we are proud of now?
Well, if you have a piece of work that you're really not proud of (anymore), you remove it from your portfolio. Simple as that Wink Unfortunately, artists are usually judged by the worst piece they have to show, not the best. Of course that will leave an empty space on your website... but surely you can fill it with screenshots from more recent projects soon.
02-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(02-22-2013, 11:37 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: How do you suggest I get more clear about that the trailer on the website is old and not what we are proud of now?
Well, if you have a piece of work that you're really not proud of (anymore), you remove it from your portfolio. Simple as that Wink Unfortunately, artists are usually judged by the worst piece they have to show, not the best. Of course that will leave an empty space on your website... but surely you can fill it with screenshots from more recent projects soon.

Thanks, working on it right now!

02-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-22-2013, 11:30 PM)Wapez Wrote: That trailer is from our first custom story, "The Game", which was terribly bad. Our new project will have details from top to toe, and none of those mistakes will be made. How do you suggest I get more clear about that the trailer on the website is old and not what we are proud of now?

The Game, I remember that CS. Agree with you that the CS is terribly bad.

Anyway, good luck with your FC !

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Find
Wapez Offline

(02-23-2013, 07:54 AM)No Author Wrote:
(02-22-2013, 11:30 PM)Wapez Wrote: That trailer is from our first custom story, "The Game", which was terribly bad. Our new project will have details from top to toe, and none of those mistakes will be made. How do you suggest I get more clear about that the trailer on the website is old and not what we are proud of now?

The Game, I remember that CS. Agree with you that the CS is terribly bad.

Anyway, good luck with your FC !
Thanks! The Game was pretty much us learning the engine, and nothing more than that. You can expect -a lot- more than that.

02-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

First screenshots available! Check it out on our blog, it's just one click! Wink

http://blog.frunkenproductions.com/

A teaser:

[Image: Amnesia2013-02-2223-58-17-57_zpsccf73521.jpg]"

02-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

Threads: 13

Pretty good! There's a nice amount of detail in there.

I would add some more particle effects such as "area_fog" in the room. In addition, you should change the "tile amount" on the floor to space out the floor pattern more. Finally, you should add some decals like dirt stains and maybe a few piles of paper on the floor. (The center of the room looks a bit empty.)

It's a good start, I can definitely see improvements over the environments in the trailer!

[Image: 9lkjf4.jpg]

02-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Thanks for the feedback! The room in the previous post is made by me, and I'm not really that good on those kind of details. However, Zatchie is, and his maps are full of those things. And before we release it, I promise you that he will have taken a look on every map and added those small touches that I know does so much for the atmosphere.

I am personally specializing on map structure and lights. Even though the map above isn't very detailed with lights, you'll notice some amazing environments that manipulates your mind to feel exactly what I want you to feel, only by changing the lights Wink

02-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

dat new monster

[Image: 1279082592656.jpg]
02-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Website Find