Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Short level idea i came up with while dreaming
Mirolovic Offline

Threads: 1
Short level idea i came up with while dreaming

Well. I'll start from the beginning. I was laying in my bed listening to Tobuscus playing the amnesia story. I fell asleep about 1/3 of the way though the playlist until I was basically unconcious but could still hear him talking and the game in the background. He came up to when you encounter the water monster when I started dreaming of amnesia.

I was dreaming of the character walking down a lightly snow covered trail when you hear a loud roar from not too far behind you. You decide to keep walking thinking it was just an animal until you hear a deathly scream from behind. You start to get extremely paranoid. Then out of no where right behind you, a gigantic how would i call it? Demon bull? I don't really know maybe a bull created from the shadows that haunted you in the original story.

Anyway the bull starts charging towards you picking up speed fast. You start sprinting fast down the empty road knowing that a small hunting town is just ahead. While you're running down the road. Trees begin to fall down on your path from the bulls monstrous stampeding. Tension rises as you have to jump over the fallen trees and hearing the bull breathing hard and knocking the trees out of it's way. You see the town, but the gates are closed.

You end up in a large circular area covered with rocks, snow and trees. A citizen has seen you and is trying to open the gate. You have to distract the bull until he opens the gate up. You run and hide behind rocks. The bull ramming them at full speed but also stunning itself for a little while. you do this for about 2 min until the gates are swung open and you make a full speed sprint towards the gate opening. Just as the bull is about to make it into the town. You get in and the gates slam closed. But unfortunately the bull is contempt on breaking down the walls and killing every single person in there.

The citizens create a plan to open the gates, make you lead the bull into a kill zone where they will be waiting with guns, and throwing knives to kill it. And that is as far as i got. After that I woke up and was just freaked out while at the same time amazed at the story. It probably seemed much more epic and scary in my head but please leave my suggestions of what you think of the story and if it would ever be a viable custom story. I was basically out of it so I'm sorry if it doesn't make perfect sense. It's just an idea. This is my first post so sorry if it`s disorganized
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2013, 06:53 AM by Mirolovic.)
02-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Short level idea i came up with while dreaming

That wall of text is a little tough to keep track of... Can you add in some Returns/Enters and organize paragraphs a bit?
02-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Find
Mirolovic Offline

(02-23-2013, 06:50 AM)Statyk Wrote: That wall of text is a little tough to keep track of... Can you add in some Returns/Enters and organize paragraphs a bit?
Ya sorry about that. I just wanted to get this idea out quick. It`s my first post on here and I`m really not that great with grammar :p
02-23-2013, 06:54 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

That's a very nice dream you had. And cool too.
Wish I can dream about ideas like that.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Find
Mirolovic Offline

(02-23-2013, 07:11 AM)No Author Wrote: That's a very nice dream you had. And cool too.
Wish I can dream about ideas like that.

Thanks a lot Smile I`m always coming up with new story ideas for amnesia. Just wish I could think like this in school too Sad Anyway thanks for taking the time to look at my post and leaving a comment. Smile
02-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

It's good, but it doesn't look like the gameplay will be any long, and there won't be any pauses where the player is not hunted.

Trying is the first step to success.
02-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Wow, a very nice dream. I also had one too, but instead of being chased by a gigantic bull, i was chased with a suitor. It ended when i tripped!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Find
Mirolovic Offline

(02-23-2013, 08:57 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: It's good, but it doesn't look like the gameplay will be any long, and there won't be any pauses where the player is not hunted.

Ya. That's why I said that it was just a idea for a short level. It could be 1 part in a larger custom story.
02-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I would not really call this a level idea since the level design/look is barelly described, more an idea for an event if you ask me. I also think this would be extremely hard to make since if to be exacly as you described it, that would require not just a custom enemy, but also an npc for the citizen.
To be honest I dont really find it that innovative since it does not sound like much more then a chase sequence.
But good luck on either developing this idea or future ideas :)
02-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Find
Mirolovic Offline

(02-23-2013, 07:36 PM)martinnord Wrote: I would not really call this a level idea since the level design/look is barelly described, more an idea for an event if you ask me. I also think this would be extremely hard to make since if to be exacly as you described it, that would require not just a custom enemy, but also an npc for the citizen.
To be honest I dont really find it that innovative since it does not sound like much more then a chase sequence.
But good luck on either developing this idea or future ideas Smile

I see what you're saying. I could describe the setting and description. I really just didn't want to sit here for about and hour just describing every single detail. As for the custom model. I'm quite comfortable with creating 3D models since I'm in a class where we work on creating things like cover art for things and 3D models for our short games. And as for the citizen. I don't think that the sequence with you getting into the town is what you imagine. I though of it simply being audio like how most other custom stories do. As I said, It was a very rough idea of a sequence or level. If I was too think about it with more depth I think I could come up with some better setting and story.
02-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Find