Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post, Model Editor question PLEASE HELP
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: First Post, Model Editor question PLEASE HELP

(02-25-2013, 05:22 PM)NaxEla Wrote:
(02-25-2013, 04:53 PM)Acies Wrote: You need to assign it an image - there should be an option for it in the Modeleditor. The image should be approximately 60x60 px with a black background and an alpha channel. I think items without images becomes "un-pick-up-able". :]

If you download the file he posted, you'll see that be has already made a .ent, and, if I remember correctly, there was an image assigned for it.
Oh... My bad :]

Well, I downloaded the file and placed it in game. I could pick it up - but the image didn't have a black background so when I hovered the mouse over it the background "leaked" all over the inventory.

Since it worked on my end, OP could try resizing to 64x64 px (the inventory image has a lot of unused space) and assigning a black background.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

02-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Threads: 7

Okay so I tried to make a NEW item based entity, with a different model, different object, different tgas, and I made it a puzzle based item to guarantee it could pick up. I assigned the tga image, I named the subitem name, and assigned a sound, gave it mass etc. This one did the same thing, it just will not pick up, I am going to go grab a .tga plugin for photoshop and see if the issue is the tga plugin I have for gimp, which if that's the case then wonderful! But btw I downloaded the new handgun ammo you gave me for a model...and well it still couldn't be picked up. So I am going out on a limb and hoping that the issue is the .tga image. Maybe I am putting it in the wrong folder maybe? I mean I put the .tga image under the items folder within the graphics directory, so it should work right?
02-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Same folder as your item/model. The link you submitted worked fine

02-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Find
vengey Offline

(02-27-2013, 12:04 AM)Acies Wrote: Same folder as your item/model. The link you submitted worked fine

No I mean the image file that is used in game for the inventory, doesn't it go into the graphics>items folder? Which I guess wouldn't matter regardless considering I put the image in both directories. Hmmm...Maybe I will just DnALange when he comes back online on Skype, I helped him out in his mod Mental Memorial, and I know he had custom made some stuff as well, I believe one of which being the med kits and painkillers. I will get back to this post later if he doesn't know either haha. Btw thanks Acies and Nax, you have been a great help Blush
02-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

(02-25-2013, 06:27 AM)vengey Wrote: Okay I am going to post a link to my 3d model and .ent file, I simply have no idea what is wrong, and yes the model is oversized, but when it is scaled down to .07x.05x.03 it looks perfect

http://www.mediafire.com/?ubw3k9tg0yjlx2r
Just put this into entities/testmodel/ and place in your map. Should work .. :]

Edit: It's odd that it doesn't work - but you shouldn't have to place the image file in your graphics folder. A tip; Open your .ent file with a text editor and look for where it references the item image. If there is no directory listed it simply points to the folder in which the ".ent" is placed.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013, 01:17 AM by Acies.)
02-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Find
vengey Offline

OMG I GOT IT TO FINALLY WORK! I dont know what the hell is going on with HPL because I did the same process as I did before and it finally worked perfectly. I swear HPL does not cease to amaze me with its stupidity Smile Thanks for the help Acies, but it looks like it was a stupid HPL error. Welp anyways, just fixed the handgun ammo model, created an electric conduit, created 3 herbs the red, green, and blue herbs, and made one of the many doors I am going to have to make Big Grin And don't even get me started on the modeling of all the enemies from the game, oooooo boy I got some work ahead of me, but finally I can actually continue development now that this is fixed. Big Grin
02-27-2013, 04:31 AM
Find