Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Black Plague - disc can't read
Linda123 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra Black Plague - disc can't read

I have been trying to play this game now for a couple of weeks. I just finished Penumbra Episode One...(great game)...after much frustration I took my computer in to be checked...had virus scan, updated memory and video-graphics card...left the game at the computer shop but they even couldn't get it running....it loads without issue but when I try to play it keeps saying it can't read the disc in the time allowed - please try again - if I try again still nothing happens...does anyone else have this problem and if so were you able to correct this issue? Thank you for any help.....
05-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra Black Plague - disc can't read

Disc? For Linux? What sort of Disc are we talking about and what are you trying to run, the Windows version using Wine?
05-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

As far as I know, there isn't any Linux versions on the disc. You can get the Linux version only if you buy it, and after that, you can download it, but there's no discs..?

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 09:45 AM by Ano.)
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Website Find
Linda123 Offline

Threads: 1

O.K. sorry I didn't explain my problem properly...I am using windox xp home edition....I have even gotten the disc replaced through the store where I bought the game. Same problem with second disc...it keeps saying can't read disc in time allowed....I have only been able to actually launch the game once since I installed it....I was hoping someone may know why the discs are having this issue .....thanks...
05-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

moved thread to windows technical support for black plague.

Not sure what the problem with the disc can be, so you manage to install if successfully but then when you try and run the game it want's to read the CD and that is when it fails?

We don't know much about the different publishers manufacturing of the CD or what copy protection they use, so if the problem is with the CD and/or the copy protection you can ask the publisher or manufacture of the copy protection for help. Sorry to not be able to give much more advice.
05-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Website Find