Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A Late Night Drink
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: A Late Night Drink

Neither link seems to be working for me; I tried using different web browsers (FF, Chrome, IE, and Torch) but it didn't seem to fix the problem. Maybe it's just my computer Confused

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26

(03-09-2013, 09:42 PM)Kiandra Wrote: Neither link seems to be working for me; I tried using different web browsers (FF, Chrome, IE, and Torch) but it didn't seem to fix the problem. Maybe it's just my computer Confused

Could be. You could try PMing me your email address and I'll send it to you in an attachment. If you're uncomfortable with that, wait a few weeks or so as I'm working on making a full-ish version of the story that I'll be uploading to Moddb.

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
03-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Awesome! Thank you so much Smile I'll download the version from MODDB when you finish it as well

03-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Just finished your CS. It was amazing. I'd like to comment on specifics but I shouldn't spoil it for other people. The scripting, however, I have to say was quite wonderful and the ending gave me a heart-attack without throwing a flying naked-guy in my face. Sure, your lighting does need some work and there were a couple clipping errors, but the actual game-play makes up for it and I had enough oil to not go insane from the darkness.

Spoiler below!

The closet within a closet within a closet within a closet within a closet within a closet within a closet within a closet (within a closet) made my day... I thought you were going to spawn a ton of monsters in the room and I'd have nowhere to hide.

If you decide to make more custom stories (please do!) I will definitely play them as well as your final release of this Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013, 12:41 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Yo,ya screenshots sssuck.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

03-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Gotta agree with kartanonperuna here. Screenshot are bad. Post screenshots that are better. So far, your only screenshots is just a chimney.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
03-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

You guys maybe want to elaborate on why you don't like the screens? Cause atm those are pretty insulting comments, explaining why could turn it into useful criticism

03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-12-2013, 12:40 AM)Kiandra Wrote: Just finished your CS. It was amazing. I'd like to comment on specifics but I shouldn't spoil it for other people. The scripting, however, I have to say was quite wonderful and the ending gave me a heart-attack without throwing a flying naked-guy in my face. Sure, your lighting does need some work and there were a couple clipping errors, but the actual game-play makes up for it and I had enough oil to not go insane from the darkness.

Spoiler below!

The closet within a closet within a closet within a closet within a closet within a closet within a closet within a closet (within a closet) made my day... I thought you were going to spawn a ton of monsters in the room and I'd have nowhere to hide.

If you decide to make more custom stories (please do!) I will definitely play them as well as your final release of this Smile

Thanks. I have some pretty unique ideas in the works for the remake, stuff I'm relatively sure nobody has done before. But I'll make sure I don't release it till my lighting is up to snuff. I'll post here when I'm almost done and maybe you can test it for me Smile

(03-12-2013, 02:59 PM)Adrianis Wrote: You guys maybe want to elaborate on why you don't like the screens? Cause atm those are pretty insulting comments, explaining why could turn it into useful criticism

No no, I like criticisms.

Guys, As I said earlier, this custom story was 20% me learning HPL Editor and 80% learning how to script. As someone who has made levels in LBP, I already understood the drag-n-drop mechanics of building a level, and as such I didn't spend much time worrying about lighting and whatnot. I do, however, think that for someone who went from knowing literally nothing about scripting to finishing a small level in 3 weeks, I did pretty good in the scripting area. I'm currently working on an extended version of this level that should have much better areas. I'll attach a sample of the work I've done in the area of learning lighting, particle effects, and other stuff. I've still got a ways to go though Smile

I will say however that while you can comment on the screenshots, I'd love you to try out the level itself. It's very short and should take you literally 10-20 minutes start to finish. I've worked really hard on getting good at scripting and I do think it shows Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   2013-03-06_00003.jpg (Size: 125 KB / Downloads: 124)

03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Now thats a lot bette picture,but you might wanna remove those bunnyhop blood marks before Statyk or Traggey comes here screaming.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

03-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Website Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-12-2013, 04:40 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Now thats a lot bette picture,but you might wanna remove those bunnyhop blood marks before Statyk or Traggey comes here screaming.

I already took my lashings about that in the screenshot thread. Looking back, it does look kinda odd for it to be the same each time. Right now I'm working on the layouts of some other rooms as well as getting some custom entities to work correctly. Funny thing is that room in my screenshot isn't even in the game. It's just an isolated room that I've been using to practice the aspects of the editor I'm not good at yet lol.

03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Find