Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A Late Night Drink
DeAngelo Offline

Threads: 26
A Late Night Drink

Hello everyone. A few of you will recognize me as the coot who has been showing up to ask mysterious questions regarding scripting at 4AM then vanishing into the night. Well, my custom story is finally in a playable complete-ish state. I hesitate to post in that showcase area as while I've encountered no problems there are bound to be a few.

The custom story is very short since it is basically the product of me learning how to script in the first place. The story, what little there is, revolves around a man buying a new house because he heard it had a fully stocked wine cellar, but finds in that cellar a bit more than he bargained for. Here is a screenshot and a link (I would put more screenshots but most of the big scares and stuff would be spoiled by screenshots, and anything else would just be a wall or something.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h04940xd3p3plhc

Let me know if you have any issues, comments, complaints, etc.

Rapidshare link in case you get an error with the other one:
http://rapidshare.com/files/1690336037/L...0Drink.rar

Dropbox link in case both of those don't work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bruu8rsdj34k7y...0Drink.rar

If all 3 of those don't work, toss me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you through email. The remake is becoming more and more interesting so it may be a while before I can finish it and put it up on ModDB.

Attached Files
.jpg   MainMenu.jpg (Size: 187.9 KB / Downloads: 183)

A Late Night Drink http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-drink
Check out my LP channel, CatBearGaming, I take all Custom Story requests!
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013, 08:10 PM by DeAngelo.)
03-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: A Late Night Drink

Just asking. So this isn't a demo right ?

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
03-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-03-2013, 03:08 PM)No Author Wrote: Just asking. So this isn't a demo right ?
It's hard to say. This is the full game of this particular custom story (I may do more in the future, if people like this one) but I hesitate to call it a demo since it is technically the full game. So let's just say it's my 1.0 release, and I'll work more on it if anyone encounters any bugs or anything.

03-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

More screenshots please! There's nothing spoiling about a screenshot.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-03-2013, 03:15 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: More screenshots please! There's nothing spoiling about a screenshot.

To an extent, there is. I do some unique things in this (I've played about 30 custom stories and there's some stuff in here I've never seen) and I'd hate to spoil them with a screenshot. Any other screenshots would just be the same generic walls and stuff. But I'll try to make a few.

Attached Files
.png   Screen1.png (Size: 305.28 KB / Downloads: 173)
.jpg   Screen2.jpg (Size: 162.06 KB / Downloads: 173)
.jpg   Screen3.jpg (Size: 223.89 KB / Downloads: 162)
.jpg   Screen4.jpg (Size: 148.24 KB / Downloads: 177)

03-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(03-03-2013, 03:32 PM)DeAngelo Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 03:15 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: More screenshots please! There's nothing spoiling about a screenshot.

To an extent, there is. I do some unique things in this (I've played about 30 custom stories and there's some stuff in here I've never seen) and I'd hate to spoil them with a screenshot. Any other screenshots would just be the same generic walls and stuff. But I'll try to make a few.

Nice job. I might have a bit to tell you but, screenshots go first. Very nice. However in screenshot 4, as i can see, there's only 1 light source. Now, unless something bright is somewhere within that room, i assume that it is the only one. Use multiple light sources. Or, use a black pointlight to increase the light radius of the light source.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
03-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-03-2013, 03:42 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

Nice job. I might have a bit to tell you but, screenshots go first. Very nice. However in screenshot 4, as i can see, there's only 1 light source. Now, unless something bright is somewhere within that room, i assume that it is the only one. Use multiple light sources. Or, use a black pointlight to increase the light radius of the light source.

I have the biggest smile right now about your comment on screenshot 4. Can't wait for you to play it.

03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(03-03-2013, 03:43 PM)DeAngelo Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 03:42 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

I have the biggest smile right now about your comment on screenshot 4. Can't wait for you to play it.

Let me guess, a naked flying guy at my face screaming.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-03-2013, 03:53 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Let me guess, a naked flying guy at my face screaming.

No. While it is a scare-oriented story (I'd like to do a story heavy one some day, I just wanted to make this to help me learn the scripting) I tried to make all my scares unique and creative.

(03-03-2013, 03:57 PM)Robosprog Wrote: You haven't played it yet you're still going to bash it and call it a shitty jumpscare story because it's not from a senior member?
Grow up.
I can feel his pain, as someone who saved up for a new PC largely to play amnesia stories, I'm sick of that particular scare. With the exception of a story I played called Obscurity, which did the scare right by setting up a metric fuckton of atmosphere first, the naked dead guy scare is annoying. If I see those balls in my face one more time I'm gonna strip down and find everyone who makes those scares and give them a flying naked fat guy scare.

03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Find
DeAngelo Offline

(03-03-2013, 04:15 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I lol'd, but that does not mean he is allowed to prejudge stories. Nobody is.

I'll give him a pass since he helped me out while I was learning scripting.

Now I'm just waiting till some people try it out and let me know if there are any technical problems (Obviously since I know what to do to progress, I'm less likely to encounter a game-breaking glitch) then I'm gonna upload it to ModDB and ask the mods here to move the topic to the showcase area.

03-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Find