Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing enemy behaviour completely.
tonitoni1998 Offline

Threads: 54
Changing enemy behaviour completely.

I would like my monster to be able walk on walls and ceilings, let it fade when its near the player(like a haluzination just in reverse to create a shock moment).
I guess its a hard thing to do, but does anyone of you have an idea where i can modify stuff like this? (I cant check it out myself because my computer is unavailable at the moment)

When you are looking for someone, to do the scripting for your Custom Story, ask me!
03-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Changing enemy behaviour completely.

AFAIK, the only virtually possible way would be to rotate the room, so the walls or ceilings become the floor.

However, that'd make the player walk on the ceiling too.

[Image: 16455.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013, 08:49 PM by MulleDK19.)
03-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Find
tonitoni1998 Offline

So absolutely no? :/

When you are looking for someone, to do the scripting for your Custom Story, ask me!
03-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I don't think it's possible, unless you make it an animation, and call it by the script.

Then it won't be an enemy. Just an animation.

Try SetPropActiveAndFade for the other question. I don't know if this works, but you can always try.

Trying is the first step to success.
03-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

We dont have acces to the Ai code at all. only a very simplified version within the model editor that lets you change basic things such as speed and damage.
Actually did you know that the suitor is actually just a servant_grunt were the values has been modified so it cant see you unless you're really close(and of course some other small changes).
the brute is a servant_grunt too.
Spoiler below!
[Image: gA9WVmH.jpg]
03-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Find
darksky Offline

Threads: 8

walking on the ceilings is not possible.

but if your room is high enough you could make enemies walk in midair using non-char blockboxes, and do things like let the enemy fall down right before the player Smile
03-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Find
tonitoni1998 Offline

Well guys i actually have an idea how to do it. I just have to make an animation where the model is not in the middle. But upsidedown and higher. But that would only work when it is following a path and i can control the animations.

The thing is, i wanted to make a worm/centipede enemy and it was pretty cool if it could surprise the player with something completely new. I guess there are problems with turning around anyways, because it is too long and would not look natrual :/

03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-04-2013, 02:13 PM)tonitoni1998 Wrote: Well guys i actually have an idea how to do it. I just have to make an animation where the model is not in the middle. But upsidedown and higher. But that would only work when it is following a path and i can control the animations.

The thing is, i wanted to make a worm/centipede enemy and it was pretty cool if it could surprise the player with something completely new. I guess there are problems with turning around anyways, because it is too long and would not look natrual :/

Oh, a worm! Nice! But, be careful. Without proper modelling and animating, the amount of poly's or tris will be so many that the game CANNOT handle it.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Find
tonitoni1998 Offline

Oh and maybe this reaches the frictional games team but it would they could make it easier to costumize the game like this. It is already very easy, what is great, but things like this would give way more possibilities :3

03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-04-2013, 02:16 PM)tonitoni1998 Wrote: Oh and maybe this reaches the frictional games team but it would they could make it easier to costumize the game like this. It is already very easy, what is great, but things like this would give way more possibilities :3
Oh sure. It will be a lot easier. Also, the Custom Stories thing was a last addition to Amnesia. They didn't think it will go this famous.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Find