Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can you recommend a movie about a person who gets amnesia?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Can you recommend a movie about a person who gets amnesia?

(03-27-2013, 04:01 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 12:21 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 04:45 AM)atilathegun Wrote: source code involves amnesia, definitely an entertaining movie with a good plot twist as far as amnesia is involved...

The bourne movies, like somebody mentioned, are probably the best amnesia-themed movies. Except for the last one, I like to pretend that legacy doesn't exist...

Source Code doesn't have anything to do with Amnesia, unless you

Spoiler below!
count being temporarily dead as having Amnesia

But it's a fantastic movie, definitely go see it regardless. One of the best movies in recent years.

Well, he doesn't remember where he is and why he's there so I would kind of count that as amnesia, yes.

This is getting into major spoiler territory so I suggest we stop talking about it, but not knowing where you are or why is not necessarily amnesia.
03-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(03-27-2013, 04:37 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 04:45 AM)atilathegun Wrote: source code involves amnesia, definitely an entertaining movie with a good plot twist as far as amnesia is involved...

The bourne movies, like somebody mentioned, are probably the best amnesia-themed movies. Except for the last one, I like to pretend that legacy doesn't exist...

Spoiler below!

But it's a fantastic movie, definitely go see it regardless. One of the best movies in recent years.

Well, he doesn't remember where he is and why he's there so I would kind of count that as amnesia, yes.

This is getting into major spoiler territory so I suggest we stop talking about it, but not knowing where you are or why is not necessarily amnesia.

Dictionary.com entry for "Amnesia:'"

loss of a large block of interrelated memories; complete or partial loss of memory caused by brain injury, shock, etc.

Amnesia doesn't necessarily entail forgetting everything about yourself, including identity. The guy in source code doesn't remember where he is or how he got there, that's amnesia.
03-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-27-2013, 06:39 PM)bluel0bster Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 04:37 PM)Bridge Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Dictionary.com entry for "Amnesia:'"

loss of a large block of interrelated memories; complete or partial loss of memory caused by brain injury, shock, etc.

Amnesia doesn't necessarily entail forgetting everything about yourself, including identity. The guy in source code doesn't remember where he is or how he got there, that's amnesia.

Spoiler below!
Amnesia is a physical inability to produce new memories or recall previous ones usually caused by trauma or brain damage. Personally, I don't consider people who go into a coma after a near-death experience until they are artificially brought back to "consciousness" amnesiacs. There was absolutely no way for him to have any memories because he wasn't conscious. Big difference. The fact that he remembers everything up until the helicopter explosion/whatever and is perfectly capable of both producing and recalling memories, means he doesn't have amnesia.

I'd also like to point out that he isn't anywhere. The cockpit he's in in between attempts is something his mind made up so that it can cope. I'm willing to grant that him waking up on the train and not knowing where he is is possibly a type of amnesia though. I don't exactly remember whether that was the first attempt he did or not. If it was, my point still stands. If it wasn't and he forgot, it may have been a glitch that caused him to forget temporarily. But even then, the movie is not even remotely about amnesia.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2013, 02:57 AM by Bridge.)
03-28-2013, 02:51 AM
Find
Josh The Biker Offline

Threads: 9

And then what?
There are tons of movies where people get Amnesia.

[Image: Pearl_Normal_1.gif]
03-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I can't really think of any movies, but I know this one episode from an old 1980's TV show called Knight Rider where in the second the protagonist loses all his memories until the point where he was known as another character at the very beginning of the show.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Find
Benjo Offline

Threads: 0

JACOBS LADDER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJztRnDxdM8
Definitely one of my favorites and one of the few I can think of with a horror element.
05-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Find
John The Undead Offline

Memento. Christopher Nolan doing an awesome work as always.
05-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Find
Bonehead Offline

Threads: 12

(03-06-2013, 08:31 PM)magnubac Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 02:15 PM)Bridge Wrote: Memento is the absolute best amnesia movie ever made.

^This.

Oh, and I'd like to add Shutter Island as well...

I'll second Shutter Island. Loved that movie.
05-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Find
Anew Offline

(03-06-2013, 07:25 AM)Ashleysara Wrote: Can you recommend a movie about a person who gets amnesia?

i could recommend the Bourne Identity, some secret agent recovering from amnesia while escaping from highly trained assassins

or a ''Deadspace'' Survival type movie called Pandorum

her's a short list of mine
Shutter Island
Unknown
The Cube and it's sequels <- aw fu*king yes
05-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Find