Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Restrict sprint or keep it free?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Free Sprint
57.69%
15 57.69%
Restricted Sprint
42.31%
11 42.31%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Restricted Sprint?
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Restricted Sprint?

(03-16-2013, 03:57 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: I think the adrenaline you get when you're running away from a monster is high enough to keep you sprinting for hours Big Grin

Yeah, but they should do some kind of sprintcap so that when you're in a calm area, maybe solving a puzzle you won't be able to sprint forever. Imo there shouldn't be any bar that shows how much stamina you've got left, but if they'd do so they should make something similar to the sanity- and healthbar, but instead of a heart or a brain it's a lung Big Grin
03-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

If we're still discussing this... Blush

Given that the monsters do run faster than you -- It could be changed so that you run with equal speed to the monsters at first. This will give you a chance to get away (via out maneuvering) or finding a place to hide. If you're still out in the open and are still running away your speed will wear down. But this scenario assumes that the monsters wouldn't experience fatigue either. If they did then this could keep you and the monsters on a bit of equal footing. I'm sure that would decrease the level of fear. As the player -having the disadvantages that you do is what keeps you on your toes.

Regarding Adrenaline... I know we're talking more about 'Flight', but this also made me think of 'Fight'. I know that's not what Amnesia is about... But, imo, there's some room for discussion here (what it can do to the monsters or make them do -like get angry..er, angrier!). But I'm sure that's been done before and shot down.
03-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

I'm just assuming you got this from Minecraft?
My answer is that I don't mind either way, I don't overuse the shift button as people you describe, though I don't want to run out of energy as fast as in Minecraft. This is mainly because I have a fetish for luring grunts and just running around for minutes, trying to evade them as long as possible Tongue
But when there is no monster around, I think people shouldn't run. The game is all about feeling like you're inside the game. People should take the time to look around, and not skip through levels like that.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Find