Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are Amnesia players adults or teens?
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens?

I hope you learn how to post, friend.
04-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Find
CrachatSanieux Offline

Threads: 0

Same. Let's forget it.
04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Add a poll with age area's EX.
10-14
15-18
19-30
31-40
41-50
50-60
61+

04-27-2013, 04:14 AM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

You need to be rather smart and interested in the game's story to reach it's full potential.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
04-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Find
Capt.TNTXx Offline

Threads: 0

(03-08-2013, 02:24 PM)jiersk Wrote: Hello everyone,

On these forums I read that almost everyone is scared by the game, so I wonder if the people here are adults ( older than 18 ) or teens ( between 12 and 18 ). Because I can't inmagine people being scared by a game when they are an adult. I don't mean to insult anyone if they are adult , but I have made my father and brother both play the game and they didn't even react at all, so I wonder if that also counts for other adults.

Ps. You don't have to tell your age or anything, I just want to know if anyone knows if the Amnesia players are adults or teens.

Thanks.

I'm 13 amnesia scares the crap out of me
05-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

(05-03-2013, 03:51 AM)Capt.TNTXx Wrote:

On these forums I read that almost everyone is scared by the game, so I wonder if the people here are adults ( older than 18 ) or teens ( between 12 and 18 ). Because I can't inmagine people being scared by a game when they are an adult. I don't mean to insult anyone if they are adult , but I have made my father and brother both play the game and they didn't even react at all, so I wonder if that also counts for other adults.

Ps. You don't have to tell your age or anything, I just want to know if anyone knows if the Amnesia players are adults or teens.

Thanks.

I'm 13 amnesia scares the crap out of me

No wonder.

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
05-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Website Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

I'm 17 and I still find amnesia terrifying. It is such a great game though because it provides such a unique and immersive experience. I first played TDD when I was 15 and was just as terrified of it then as I still am haha.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
05-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Find
DonnJuann Offline

Threads: 1

(03-08-2013, 03:12 PM)No Author Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 02:50 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: ....i'm not in the minimal requirements.....(i'm eleven.)

You should Plant vs Zombies instead of this. This game will corrupt your mine with violence and nudity (ALMOST all people in this game are naked).
And besides, Plant vs Zombies is MUCH more scarier than this.Grammar error was the designed for the post.

Yeah, just shove some popular iOS s*** up the kid's mouth to shut him up...Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

(03-08-2013, 03:33 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 03:29 PM)No Author Wrote: My first reaction when I saw the grunt, save the game, quit, play Left 4 Dead for an hour, quit L4D, play ATDD again. Ah good times... good times.

My first reaction when i do is that i just sit in a corner, watch the wall and say "I'm happy, I'm happy, I'm happy!" in my mind.
My reaction to the first grunt (the scripted one at the Wine Cellar) was to sit still in a corner looking down and thinking to myself "Stay calm, stay calm, if you can't see him, he can't see you"

(03-08-2013, 03:33 PM)jiersk Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 03:27 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 03:24 PM)AdamD Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 03:20 PM)felixmole Wrote:

Thanks.
Well, as said before, it all relies on immersion. Perhaps when you get older, when you play less video games, you do not immerse yourself correctly.

Also, I'd say, when you are older, you are less likely to scream. As far as I'm concerned, I didn't scream or jump out of my chair while playing it, though that didn't prevent my heart from fibrillating or my eyes from opening wide as I played TDD.

Same here, man. I just shouted a little "Ah!" once after a grunt surprised me, but I did not jump or scream...
Well, i just let out a small gasp. For you, it sounds like i'm not scared. But actually, my mind was crazy.

You're really 11? I think you shouldn't play games like Amnesia. The torture things were pretty brutal, and when you're this young you get influenced pretty easy. These torture scenes will become normal for you if you keep playing things like this and you won't realise it's not acceptable to do things like that IRL. ( Just my opinion )
What is this? Fox News? do you really believe that he will go in a murdering torturing rampage just for being exposed to such things in a videogame?

-DJ
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 03:02 AM by DonnJuann.)
10-01-2013, 02:07 AM
Find
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2

I think I was 19 when I first played TDD. I had the lights on and my brother beside me through most of it. I still was terrified and even cried a little at one point. :|

I'm 21 now and even though I've been through TDD about 4 times now I STILL nearly shit myself each playthrough. That last stretch in the sewers... and THE CHOIR JESUS FUCK.

AMFP didn't scare me nearly as much. The only part that I found terrifying was the Tesla pig encounter in that power hub room. And it WAS terrifying. 8'C
10-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Find