Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model editor importing issue!
Kirbypwnage Offline

Threads: 4
Model editor importing issue!

Hello. I'm having a small issue with the Model Editor. I created a simple landscape shape, which I will put trees on and stuff like that later. I have it ready to get imported, but the importing seems to be very messed up for some reason. I have used it before, and it worked fine.

But now it is very messed up. When I click on "Import mesh" it doesn't show the amnesia folder e.t.c. It shows my system root, or something like that. There are only lots of folders which it tells me are empty.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please reply. Thanks!

(Tell me if there is some info lacking)

Currently working on:
Archedale Castle: Cold Hunger
http://www.moddb.com/mods/archedale-castle
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM by Kirbypwnage.)
03-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Model editor importing issue!

(03-13-2013, 08:32 PM)Kirbypwnage Wrote: Hello. I'm having a small issue with the Model Editor. I created a simple landscape shape, which I will put trees on and stuff like that later. I have it ready to get imported, but the importing seems to be very messed up for some reason. I have used it before, and it worked fine.

But now it is very messed up. When I click on "Import mesh" it doesn't show the amnesia folder e.t.c. It shows my system root, or something like that. There are only lots of folders which it tells me are empty.

Its normal for the model editor to show the system root.
You just gotta know your computer mate and you can quicly find your model.

Also when you say ready to be imported does that mean that you have had it through the model viewer, or does that mean its fresh from the 3d software you created it in?
03-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

(03-13-2013, 09:14 PM)martinnord Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 08:32 PM)Kirbypwnage Wrote: Hello. I'm having a small issue with the Model Editor. I created a simple landscape shape, which I will put trees on and stuff like that later. I have it ready to get imported, but the importing seems to be very messed up for some reason. I have used it before, and it worked fine.

Its normal for the model editor to show the system root.
You just gotta know your computer mate and you can quicly find your model.

Also when you say ready to be imported does that mean that you have had it through the model viewer, or does that mean its fresh from the 3d software you created it in?

It is imported to .dae, and ready to be created into and .ent file. I just need to set it up in the model editor, as it is only a basic static object. And I do know my Mac, but there is no way I can find my way back, as all folders are empty, and the back button doesn't work, as it is as far back as you can go. I have experienced the editor doing this several times, but it's only in Level Editor I know how to get back. Then I just click "Open recent" to get back into the Amnesia folder.

Currently working on:
03-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

Anyone have a solution for it? I know my Amnesia is under applications, but when I try to open applications it tells me it is empty.

Currently working on:
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM by Kirbypwnage.)
03-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

You have to delete the HPL2 editor history to reset the location. The easiest way to do this is to delete the HPL2 user directory. Not sure where that is on a Mac, but it might be in ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Website Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

(03-14-2013, 08:51 PM)Your Computer Wrote: You have to delete the HPL2 editor history to reset the location. The easiest way to do this is to delete the HPL2 user directory. Not sure where that is on a Mac, but it might be in ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/.

Thank you! That was just what I needed! ^_^

Now I can finally import stuff once again! Thanks!

Currently working on:
03-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Find