Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
editing monsters?
megsb927 Offline

Threads: 10
editing monsters?

My main goal is that I wanted to put a mustache on one of the grunts and a statue. I have no idea how I would do that though.. help?
03-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: editing monsters?

(03-15-2013, 08:14 PM)megsb927 Wrote: My main goal is that I wanted to put a mustache on one of the grunts and a statue. I have no idea how I would do that though.. help?
The statue would probably be the easiest to do, as you would just have to attach the mustache model to the same body as the helmet(in the model editor).

The grunt is not as easy though as it is animated and im not really the guy who has a lot of knowledge on this but expect to be fiddling with maya and stuff.
03-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(03-15-2013, 08:14 PM)megsb927 Wrote: My main goal is that I wanted to put a mustache on one of the grunts and a statue. I have no idea how I would do that though.. help?

Download my mod "Dark Room" and check my edited monsters.

If you want a grunt whit a mustache you need photoshop (or gimp). than you would need to make a mustache whit a alpha Chanel, save it as tga, make a mat file for it, use the model editor to attach the texture to one of your monster's bones and save it as a new ent file.

If you have no idea of what I just said. Please let me know. So I can write down a more decent and extensive tutorial.
03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Website Find
megsb927 Offline

Threads: 10

(03-15-2013, 11:28 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:

Download my mod "Dark Room" and check my edited monsters.

If you want a grunt whit a mustache you need photoshop (or gimp). than you would need to make a mustache whit a alpha Chanel, save it as tga, make a mat file for it, use the model editor to attach the texture to one of your monster's bones and save it as a new ent file.

If you have no idea of what I just said. Please let me know. So I can write down a more decent and extensive tutorial.

you made the dark room?! that was an awesome custom story I've seen a playthrough of it. but yes I didn't understand most of that hahah I'm really new to this but ok I don't know what gimp is, an alpha Chanel, or how to attach a texture to one of the monster's bones lol I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge
03-16-2013, 02:27 AM
Find