Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
what scares you?
ingedoom Offline

Threads: 12
RE: what scares you?

The fear of the unknown and uncontrolable/ fast and unreliable. And since I played Amnesia TDD, I always get a chill when i hear some water splashing in the dark.

[Image: 23778.png]
03-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Website Find
Yoilickturtles Offline

Threads: 9

(03-17-2013, 06:06 PM)Adny Wrote: Absolutely no ambiance, poor level design, flickering texture, and naked bodies that scream and then disappear.
I don't think i can make it that scary dude...
03-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Find
Josh9810 Offline

Threads: 9

A silent room then maybe add stepping sounds around the player and some monster noises but no monster actually there then make a spotlight appear on a piano then it starts playing and if you grab a key from it maybe it slams shut then a monster starts breaking out a door
03-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-17-2013, 06:06 PM)Adny Wrote: Absolutely no ambiance, poor level design, flickering texture, and naked bodies that scream and then disappear.

den i maek super good cstom stry wit all htose thigs causr u said itz sup3r scary!!1!
03-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(03-17-2013, 06:40 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Something that would scare me in amnesia is there is no ambient music and you don't hear the monster, not even when it spawns.

It would be pretty neat, but that would essentially be a jump scare unless you could still hear the monster talking/walking.

Silence... especially when bg sounds are constant and then just stop.

Atmosphere is a huge one for me. Little details that tie in with the plot or are slightly offset.

Pretty much anything that's not overused works great!

Poisonous had several really awesome examples of this:
Spoiler below!

- The hand on the writing desk. A note said the man had chopped his own arm off and replaced it with a saw and, later, we come across the desk with his arm on it

- Reading a note describing a Grunt and then visualizing one

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
03-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Find
888t Offline

Threads: 2

(03-17-2013, 02:08 PM)Yoilickturtles Wrote: I wonder what in amnesia scares you? Monsters? Atmosphere? Im working on a custom story and wanna scare the s*it out of you! :p
Dont know if this thread belongs here but it has with custom story's to do so.

you know the fear that when being cahsed ..
THAT MOMENT! YOU LOOK BACK AND JUST SEE HOW THEY'RE CHASING
YOU!! (THE CHASING MOTIONS) THAT'S MAKE ME SHIT MY PANTS
SIMPLY PUT, WHEN CHASING.
03-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Find
eagledude4 Offline

Threads: 14

Satanic sacrifices aren't scary on their own. They need sound and ambience to build up the fear factor. Same can be said for torture. Make the player feel part of that environment Smile Don't attempt any quick scares unless the player is already fearful of their environment. This is why sound and ambience is so important;

Personally, I immerse myself in amnesia, so I take note of where almost everything is, so if I turn my back and then suddenly things are missing or added (Like a suit of armor or something), I find that scary.

Its hard to see the truth when you've been blinded by lies.
03-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Find