Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you think its annoying with alot of polls?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, for some reason I do.
16.67%
1 16.67%
No, if I dont like the poll I just simple choose not to vote.
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Call of Duty models in Amesia - The Dark Decent?
Erik The Born Offline

Threads: 7
Using Call of Duty models in Amesia - The Dark Decent?

Hello, Is there anyway I can use call of duty models in Amnesia? If for example want a huey gunship. Can I somehow convert the model into Amnesia model?
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 07:52 AM by Erik The Born.)
03-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Using Call of Duty models in Amesia - The Dark Decent?

Just convert the models do .dae. But i doubt that OpenCOLLADA doesn't support whatever file COD supports. And besides, i bet the poly count is too big.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-20-2013, 08:05 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Just convert the models do .dae. But i doubt that OpenCOLLADA doesn't support whatever file COD supports. And besides, i bet the poly count is too big.

hahah poly count too big. Please dont try crush my dreams Sad. Ok I try that openCOLLADA.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 08:21 AM by Erik The Born.)
03-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

You would not be able to post up any results here (inc. if you used it in a CS/FC), as the forums don't allow use of copyrighted materials...

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM by Adrianis.)
03-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(03-20-2013, 08:05 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Just convert the models do .dae. But i doubt that OpenCOLLADA doesn't support whatever file COD supports. And besides, i bet the poly count is too big.
Poly count would probably be fine as it's already a commercialized model, which means it has had a company make sure it is properly optimized. Maybe not for Amnesia, but it is optimized. It's debatable.

(03-20-2013, 02:46 PM)Adrianis Wrote: You would not be able to post up any results here (inc. if you used it in a CS/FC), as the forums don't allow use of copyrighted materials...
Also this. You can do what you will, but the forums here do not support copyrighted materials in custom stories, full conversions, etc. as pirating or reverse engineering (Ripping 3D models and materials) is against MANY laws and Terms and Conditions for games. It's legal for personal use, but it is illegal to redistribute copyrighted content unless given permission by the owner.
03-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-21-2013, 04:24 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(03-20-2013, 02:46 PM)Adrianis Wrote: You would not be able to post up any results here (inc. if you used it in a CS/FC), as the forums don't allow use of copyrighted materials...
Also this. You can do what you will, but the forums here do not support copyrighted materials in custom stories, full conversions, etc. as pirating or reverse engineering (Ripping 3D models and materials) is against MANY laws and Terms and Conditions for games. It's legal for personal use, but it is illegal to redistribute copyrighted content unless given permission by the owner.
Statyk is right. You CANNOT copyrighted materials or models in your custom story/full conversion. Unless they gave you a permission.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

(03-21-2013, 05:54 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 04:24 AM)Statyk Wrote:
Statyk is right. You CANNOT copyrighted materials or models in your custom story/full conversion. Unless they gave you a permission.

I know. I wasnt thinking of putting it up on the internet though it would only be for personal use. I managed to get Maya and Opencollada. NEVER have I seen such an advnaced tool... I only have 28 days left before my trial is over so could some1 hurry and say how I would turn the call of duty models into amnesia models?
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 03:43 PM by Erik The Born.)
03-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(03-21-2013, 06:27 PM)Erik The Born Wrote: I know. I wasnt thinking of putting it up on the internet though it would only be for personal use. I managed to get Maya and Opencollada. NEVER have I seen such an advnaced tool... I only have 29 days left before my trial is over so could some1 hurry and say how I would turn the call of duty models into amnesia models?

Just convert the models do .dae
ALSO JUST TO REMIND (even though it has been said a million times)

^^^ Quoting Statyk

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013, 08:00 PM by 7heDubz.)
03-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: I know. I wasnt thinking of putting it up on the internet though it would only be for personal use. I managed to get Maya and Opencollada. NEVER have I seen such an advnaced tool... I only have 29 days left before my trial is over so could some1 hurry and say how I would turn the call of duty models into amnesia models?
Go to windows>Settings/preferences> plugin editor.
Activate the Collada-plugin there
go to file> export all and export as .dae

Also make sure your folder structure containing your future .dae file and your textures is the same as those of the amnesia models in the redist-folder AND that your model in maya has the diffuse texture applied in its material. To do that, select your mesh, go to windows> attribute editor and go to the rightmost tab there. (Prob. says something like "Lambert1" or "Phong1") Click on the checkered button next to "Color", select "File" and select your diffuse map. If you don't see it on your model, or your model is wireframe, click the checkered sphere and the opaque cube in the little shelf right above your viewport to switch on textures and shading.

That's pretty much it...you can then create your .mat file with the material editor (make sure your texture maps are all .dds format) and import your .dae file in the model editor to create an .ent file.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013, 08:43 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Find
Erik The Born Offline

Sounds advanced... But oh well lets try it and see where I fail. Ok. Maya doesnt take iwi files so I have to convert iwi to dds file. After that. How do I make Maya load my dds file? I tried importing and open but it doesnt work. Please help me here. Remember that call of duty uses models in iwi format. There is ofcourse an xmodel foler in raw if you downloaded mod tools for it. Those doesnt work either. How do I convert call of duty files into something maya can load? PS it appears that I am able to load Amnesia files with OpenCOLLADA Importer, but when I click export it doesnt show up anything about OpenCOLLADA. Im suing Maya 2013 in case you wonder. I need a plugin for Maya 2013 that allows me to export the current model as a dae file. Pardon me I can export models into dae I just didnt scroll down to see OpenCOLLADA exporter sry guys.

PS: I finally found a way to load the models in maya. But when I click export and tries to save it with OpenCOLLADA export maya crashes and the output file dae is 0 kb big. What do I do? I open the model file as a .ma file. Maya ASCII File.

It gives me this error aswell Before maya crashes.

The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_veh_helo_huey_color_mp_light.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = C:\Users\Erik\Downloads\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtills\exported\t5_veh_helo_huey_mp_light\images\t5_veh_helo_huey_mp_glass_color.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_veh_helo_huey_glass_color_opaque.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_veh_helo_huey_int_color_512.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_huey_cockpit_cargoarea_mp_c.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_huey_cockpit_chair_c.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_huey_cockpit_console_c.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_huey_cockpit_door_c.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = C:\Users\Erik\Downloads\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtills\exported\t5_veh_helo_huey_mp_light\images\t5_veh_helo_huey_int_color.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_huey_cockpit_nose_c.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_weapon_carry_minigun_c.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = \\images\_-gt5_weapon_carry_minigun_decal_c.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = C:\Users\Erik\Downloads\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtills\exported\t5_veh_helo_huey_mp_light\images\_-gt5_weapon_sentry_gun_c.dds
The source texture file doesn't exist! Filename = C:\Users\Erik\Downloads\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtils_0.98\Tom_XmodelUtills\exported\t5_veh_helo_huey_mp_light\images\_-ggrip_c.dds
Tom_XmodelUtil​s v0.98 is the tool i used to be able to decompile the models.

I copied the path it has and it works. Why does it say the source texture file doesn't exist? It does it should be able to save it just fine. This texture misses is 1 thing. It Always crashes whenever I try to turn my .ma to .dae. It Always crashes even if I excluded the texture or something.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 08:24 PM by Erik The Born.)
03-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Find