Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collapse area not working?
KeysOfMyMind Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Collapse area not working?

But that would mean loading in between and people knowing like oh a new map is being loaded, it might be different.
I wanna do it on the fly while the player is in one room searching for stuff have the hallway change completely while he's in that room.

without any break in the action.

PS: the monster AI is so stupid it's unbelievable.

I set up path nodes right, the first 5 are fine he goes from node to node in a nice straight line, but then I'm trying to have the monster go through the door and down the hall but he just stands there completely bugged and I'm stuck in the closet with no other way but to alert him and run for my life and die in the end.

Suggestions?
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2013, 10:49 AM by KeysOfMyMind.)
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-24-2013, 10:48 AM)KeysOfMyMind Wrote: But that would mean loading in between and people knowing like oh a new map is being loaded, it might be different.
I wanna do it on the fly while the player is in one room searching for stuff have the hallway change completely while he's in that room.

I set up path nodes right, the first 5 are fine he goes from node to node in a nice straight line, but then I'm trying to have the monster go through the door and down the hall but he just stands there completely bugged and I'm stuck in the closet with no other way but to alert him and run for my life and die in the end.

Suggestions?
To make the hallway to do that, use the teleport player thing.
----
In order to make a monster to break down a door, make a path node behind the other side. Don't worry, he will automatically broke down through it.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Find
KeysOfMyMind Offline

(03-24-2013, 11:27 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 10:48 AM)KeysOfMyMind Wrote: But that would mean loading in between and people knowing like oh a new map is being loaded, it might be different.

Suggestions?
To make the hallway to do that, use the teleport player thing.
----
In order to make a monster to break down a door, make a path node behind the other side. Don't worry, he will automatically broke down through it.

I did that but he just stops at node 5 in the middle of the room, I have 43 nodes to get to the door in the hallway I want him to bust down.

Now I scripted his patrolroute and it kinda works but it looks unnatural, he stops everytime he hits a node so it's like: step-stop-step-stop-step-stop
03-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

43 nodes? Well just input the first and last name of the path node to the script. For the stopping thing, make sure that in the script, it says 0.001 instead of 0.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Find
KeysOfMyMind Offline

(03-24-2013, 03:59 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: 43 nodes? Well just input the first and last name of the path node to the script. For the stopping thing, make sure that in the script, it says 0.001 instead of 0.

Thank you works now ^^
03-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Find