Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I just noticed recently that more Total Conversions are being canceled/discontinued.
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
I just noticed recently that more Total Conversions are being canceled/discontinued.

Ever since I saw the Resident Evil Total Conversion project get canceled I noticed that a few others have fallen to the same conclusion.

The most recent I've seen was that the Horizon Total Conversion was just discontinued today. I was really expecting this to go through, but as it died... a part of me died too along with other fans like Robosprog, JustAnotherPlayer, CorinthianMerchant, and several others.

Right now my Hope lies with two Total Conversion mods that I really want to play when their done (I know there is others but these two are the ones I am really enthusiastic for), which are Penumbra: Revelations by Tiero and A Light In The Dark by Hardam. Both that I hope will bring an epic new adventure and a lot of toilet paper to our hearts.

So guys what is happening? We all waiting for A Machine For Pigs to come around, or are we losing motivation?

Well folks... if fate frowns, we all parish.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Personally I don't feel very enthusiatic about starting a new cs even, with the assumed release date of amfp closing in. I'm waiting for amfp, until then I'm trying to figure out a new story to use in the open town and new machinery. If custom stories and FCs will be an option.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 12:17 AM by i3670.)
03-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: discontinued Customstories

Just a heads up, Horizon was left alone for quite a long time. Members of the group got into other things and stopped focusing on it, so it was just decided to cancel it.

I don't do much in the Timorem team anymore (I guess no one needs my help =\ ), so I decided I'd go back on my solo FC, Nearsight. Redone with a much deeper story and better quality than before. It was originally meant to be a quickie scare story, inspired by SCP-087-B back when I first came up with it. It's been re-written to something more personal and meaningful, so I don't think it was a total loss having Horizon cancelled. Feel free to check Nearsight out in my signature. I'm quite excited to continue it... =]
03-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
REEHEEHEE

I got into the engine a bit, but it's not intuitive to the way I normally work, plus I don't really see what I could contribute to the community.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
03-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
WHY?!

A Winter's Eve by Robosprog was discontinued too. I guess they were discounted because either AAMFP is on the edge of releasing or they loose motivation/assets. Actually, i don't know Horizon in the beginning. But i saw it on ModDB and was amazed. When i see they were discontinued, I got a heart attack.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10
RE: I just noticed recently that more Total Conversions are being canceled/disconti..

I'm thinking about making my first custom story, but yes, I'd rather wait until AMFP is out. I hope we can use those models for custom stories.

It's a shame people cancel the making of custom stories/full conversions Sad
I'd love to help though, I don't know much about making one yet. I could do some voice-acting if anyone needs it?

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Find
icreatedthisaccount4u Offline

Threads: 0
RE:

Just waiting for aamfp.
03-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
Revelations

I'm working on Penumbra: Revelations with Tiero, things are still moving forward!

03-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1
RE: I just noticed recently that more TCs are being canceled/discontinued.

I don't think it's a symptom of waiting for AAMFP or losing motivation or the game aging or anything, it's a pretty regular thing in the mod community that 90% of all mods get cancelled for some reason or other.
03-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
my opinion

Its often very stressful to do a big project like a full-conversion along side all the other things you got going in your life and so many people end giving up on them. another thing to be aware of is that when development has gone on for a while the excitement you had when you first started will be long gone. in regular game development there will often be other things to give you motivation such as pay,feeding those you live with/your family, teammates, company activities and so on. but in modding theres VERY VERY rarely any pay, and people often work alone from their homes where theres no team-mates but plenty of other things to distract them.

In the end making a mod is all about self-discipline.

I struggle to get myself to start working often but at least I havent quit and still manage to get a little progress done everyday.
Sometimes I get back my work excitement though and end up working 3,5-7 hours a day on the mod
but it usally wears off after a couple days or a week :(.

I wish I could work as hard as those who live in poverty.

(from full conversions to poverty, what a detour XD)
03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Find