Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particle Editor Help How I do it?
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
How I do it?

I'd like to change the rotation of ps_orb_room_portal_open.ps, as I have plans for it and I cannot change my level to suit my needs. Where's the option in the particle editor to rotate it?

Before you tell me "rotate it in the level editor" I've tried it but it doesn't work.

Anyone knows what do I have to touch?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
03-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: How I do it?

These answers are solely done in the "Start" tab of the Particle Editor.

* In the Sphere Start section, For the BeamSpread, AirRipple, and CenterGlow, make the min/max Y entry both 180 and it will turn the particles 90 degrees.
* In the Box Start section, For the rest, change around the x and z min/max until you get a proper pattern.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 11:18 PM by Statyk.)
03-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10

About DustDebris and SmokeDebris box emitters (Box Start): Min Position (x, y, z) and Max Position (x, y, z) basically just define the invisible box (or volume) from which the particles will spawn, in the (I guess) world coordinate system - by specifying two of it's corners. Since particles are already setup to float towards the portal, you just need to move this box area to lie somewhere along the x-axis (the red one), or somewhere where's appropriate in your case - but not to far, so that the particles don't die out too soon.

An easy way to figure the values out is to pick some center point for the box, for example (5, 0, 0), and then for the Min Position you subtract some values from that (5 - a, 0 - b, 0 - c), and add those same values for the Max Position (5 + a, 0 + b, 0 + c) - so you'll have a box centered on (5, 0, 0) width the dimensions of (width, height, length) = (2a, 2b, 2c).
03-28-2013, 04:12 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I will see right now how does it work everything you say. Though I'm a bit bad at particles Sad

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
03-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Find