Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doubting your custom story.
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
Doubting your custom story.

In the middle of development, do you ever have doubts of the product that will be produced? Worry of what other people might think? Is this bad thinking?
03-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Doubting your custom story.

For some reason, your post reminds me of a commercial

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
03-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

No that is very normal. Its usally only/mostly in the beginning that you're the most excited about the project, after that most of it will rely on your dicipline. of course theres also the fact that as you work on your project you learn things and want do new things, or get new ideas which you feel would be much better to work on. but in reality you will get at least a little tired of those awseome ideas as well, and you will find yourself in the same siteration.

(03-28-2013, 10:25 AM)No Author Wrote: For some reason, your post reminds me of a commercial
because he uses the word "product"?. still the title has "custom story" in it so it cant be a spambot
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2013, 10:27 AM by WALP.)
03-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

"Buy my new Easy Custom Story Maker! Just write your ideas, blend it in, and you are done! Buy it now for only 29.99! Call now and ill send a 2nd one absolutely FREE!!!" I wish it was that easy. But it is all depended on the person to have the motivation and will to do the task that has been set. I was in this state of doubting. But im all positive now. I think the best thing to do is just take a vacation time break away from the mod you are making. Refresh and cleanse your brain from levels, lighting, scripting, story, ect, ect.
03-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(03-28-2013, 11:10 AM)jssjr90 Wrote: "Buy my new Easy Custom Story Maker! Just write your ideas, blend it in, and you are done! Buy it now for only 29.99! Call now and ill send a 2nd one absolutely FREE!!!" I wish it was that easy. But it is all depended on the person to have the motivation and will to do the task that has been set. I was in this state of doubting. But im all positive now. I think the best thing to do is just take a vacation time break away from the mod you are making. Refresh and cleanse your brain from levels, lighting, scripting, story, ect, ect.
If you dont have any motiviation at all yes you will fail, but I think the most important thing is discipline since without it how will you manage when you barely have any motivation?
03-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Modding must be a pleasure, not an obligation. So, if you ever get bored and you fel like quitting, think in doing something different: Learning how to implement something custom, think in cool ideas, etc.
Something that can feed your mind in this aspect is to play other custom stories: I'll tell a story:

I was one day, tired of making my CS. I said: hell, I want to play something. I went to Moddb, got some custom stories, and they were really bad: Although this may seem a thought of an as**ole, I thought: If every story is so bad, mine will be reminded.

Try it, it works. At last for me.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

Thank you for all the great feedback.
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Find