Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing a conversion on mac+steam
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10
Installing a conversion on mac+steam

I've looked up a ton of guides, and they all say the same.
I've got all of the files merged, and all guides say I have to do this:

[Image: mkidd.png]

But it still doesn't work.. what am I doing wrong?
I remember doing this for White Night a long time ago, and I think it worked then.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013, 09:47 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
03-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Installing a conversion on mac+steam

From what i can see, you're using a mac. For Macs, use .scpt files instead of .bat files. If you were meaning something else, then i can't help. The language is too dizzy to see!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-30-2013, 12:31 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

JustAnotherPlayer, .scpt files are generally know the not work or cause hassle when it comes to macs and FC (the FC may not even come with it). The way he's doing it is the best way when it's capable of being ran through Steam, though I'm not quite sure of the problem as I've never done it on a mac before or really seen comments about it.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013, 12:48 AM by Statyk.)
03-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

(03-30-2013, 12:31 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: If you were meaning something else, then i can't help. The language is too dizzy to see!
I thought I didn't have to translate anything, because it's the same screen as on the English version Tongue It's in steam when you go to the Amnesia start options.
"Start options - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Thee options are only for advanced players.
[amnesiahill....cfg]
[OK] [CANCEL]"
Anything to the left doesn't matter. They're names of folders like music and pictures and whatnot.

Yeah Statyk, I looked up guides about how to install conversions, but I can only find guides about White Night. It comes down to entering a file (something like main_init.cfg) in the starting options, and I'm pretty sure this is the amnesiahill equivalent of that file/folder.
In the readme file it explains how to install it on Mac+retail, and it has a command for the terminal that redirects to the very same file.
Quote:do shell script "open /Applications/Amnesia.app --args amnesiahill_config/Amnesia Silent Hill_main_init.cfg"
I've tried doing this, but instead of using the retail version (Amnesia.app) and redirecting it, but I can't get that to work either. I've never used the terminal before.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Find