Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
inspectorjavert Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

Greetings,

I am looking forward to playing your game as the parts I've played of it are already pretty scary.

Sadly I can't get more than 5 minutes into the game because my game freezes and emits a buzzing sound from the headphones. The buzzing stops eventually and the game's music sometimes resumes but I am unable to move and the game crashes shortly after.

I am considering trying the have disk method but I am a bit nervous about messing around with my computer like that, plus all my drivers are up to date.

I am on a 64 bit windows 7 home premium Laptop.

Hope I can get this fixed and enjoy your game!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 11.72 KB / Downloads: 109)
04-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

(04-03-2013, 04:02 AM)inspectorjavert Wrote: Greetings,

I am looking forward to playing your game as the parts I've played of it are already pretty scary.

Sadly I can't get more than 5 minutes into the game because my game freezes and emits a buzzing sound from the headphones. The buzzing stops eventually and the game's music sometimes resumes but I am unable to move and the game crashes shortly after.

I am considering trying the have disk method but I am a bit nervous about messing around with my computer like that, plus all my drivers are up to date.

I am on a 64 bit windows 7 home premium Laptop.

Hope I can get this fixed and enjoy your game!
The Have Disk method was for Intel. Yours is NVidia

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

Download and install the latest drivers available from nvidia.com and see if that helps.
04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Website Find
inspectorjavert Offline

My drivers are up to date as far as I know as I recently downloaded an updated drivers (within the past few days).

Thanks again for your help sorry if I'm being a bother.
04-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

If the game is from steam, do a file integrity check. To check the version of your nvidia drivers go to Nvidia Control Panel and click System Information at the bottom.
04-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Find
inspectorjavert Offline

The driver version I have is 314.22

When I loaded the game last time though it showed an intel graphics card rather than my Nvdia one. What might cause that to happen? I did the integrity check and the buzzing and freezing still occurs this time in the opening cutscene...

EDIT:

I am getting the same issue with another game (Civ V) which has been working fine up until now. Why am I getting the feeling my wallet is about to get a lot lighter...
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 04:31 AM by inspectorjavert.)
04-06-2013, 04:13 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Wait, i just realized this. Doesn't Laptops often change their Graphic Cards?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

He has Nvidia Optimus (Intel HD embedded + Nvidia dedicated). The game should run using the Nvidia one. It happens with other games too. You need to repair your driver installation. It's not a problem of the game.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183.html , question 3
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 02:35 PM by plutomaniac.)
04-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Find
inspectorjavert Offline

Thanks for all your help so far. Sadly I did all you asked and it still lists Intel HD Graphics family as my video device. I haven't checked to see if the buzzing is fixed yet though so here's hoping !
04-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

well you can always update your Intel HD drivers using the have disk method and the game will work even with the embedded one but at lower settings of course
04-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Find