Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Don't Starve - Winter Strategy
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Don't Starve - Winter Strategy

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?! FUCK

FUCK!
04-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(04-07-2013, 05:24 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?! FUCK

FUCK!

[Image: xp3ekp.jpg]

Trying is the first step to success.
04-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote:Do you have any tips on how to get meat? Is that just Goblers and Koalefants? I will not kill birds or rabbits, since they raise my naughty meter, and the chance for Tree Guardians to spawn, and those are a serious threat to my camp right now. There's trees everywhere! [Image: biggrin.gif]
Naughtiness increases for killing birds and rabbits, but not as much as for killing pigs and beefalos. Killing crows and rabbits is also less "evil" than killing redbirds. You naughtiness-meter will also slowly decrease over time, so if you kill some small animals and then wait a day or so, you should be save from the Krampus. Wink

Treeguards can also be calmed down by planting tons of pinecones. After 5-10 pinecones, they will forgive you for your crimes to nature and got go sleep again.

Also, I believe your naughtiness meter does not increase if you let a pig kill something or send it into battle to get killed. So best thing to do - since you're also running out of silk - would be to fish and kill frogs, then use that to bribe a bunch of pigs and have them attack a spider queen. If there's enough pigs and you help a bit, it should die, taking a few pigs with it. Free meat, pig skins and silk! (also tons of monster meat to make honey nuggets and bribe more pigs with)

You can also trick following pigs into attacking each other - if they're following you, click attack on one pig (Ctl+click I think it is now?) and then send wilson somewhere else before he actually attacks. Watch the pigs tear each other apart and collect the remains. Yes, it's evil but it does not raise naughtiness since your own hands stayed clean! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 10:35 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Find
Posting Freak

(04-07-2013, 10:32 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote:Do you have any tips on how to get meat? Is that just Goblers and Koalefants? I will not kill birds or rabbits, since they raise my naughty meter, and the chance for Tree Guardians to spawn, and those are a serious threat to my camp right now. There's trees everywhere! [Image: biggrin.gif]
Treeguards can also be calmed down by planting tons of pinecones. After 5-10 pinecones, they will forgive you for your crimes to nature and got go sleep again.

You can also trick following pigs into attacking each other - if they're following you, click attack on one pig (Ctl+click I think it is now?) and then send wilson somewhere else before he actually attacks. Watch the pigs tear each other apart and collect the remains. Yes, it's evil but it does not raise naughtiness since your own hands stayed clean! Big Grin

That is evil, Hirnwirbel!
But, pretty cool yea. I think i've got enough meat from frogs and fish, but those spiderqueens are problems.

I'm not sure i've got enough pigs to kill her. There are like 5 pigs. Would that be enough?

04-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: I'm not sure i've got enough pigs to kill her. There are like 5 pigs. Would that be enough?
Yeah if you help them a bit with the additional little spiders that the queen spawns that should work. Fighting with the boomerang from a distance is pretty save, but make sure you catch it when it comes back or it will hit you in the head for quite some damage! Pro tip: Holding space instead of trying to click on the flying boomerang makes this a lot easier Wink (I really hope they never change this trick Tongue)
04-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(04-07-2013, 12:51 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I'm not sure i've got enough pigs to kill her. There are like 5 pigs. Would that be enough?
Yeah if you help them a bit with the additional little spiders that the queen spawns that should work. Fighting with the boomerang from a distance is pretty save, but make sure you catch it when it comes back or it will hit you in the head for quite some damage! Pro tip: Holding space instead of trying to click on the flying boomerang makes this a lot easier Wink (I really hope they never change this trick Tongue)

Yea, i found out, when i was trying to destroy a beehive. I think my Wilson got quite a headache that day, but he's fine now. Learning by doing right? Tongue

04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Find