Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot Run Amnesia. Alut.dll File Error
DavoTesolono Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Cannot Run Amnesia. Alut.dll File Error

Hello Everybody! Today I was opening super_secret.rar and I did all that cool stuff. I wanted to remember the password so I created a new .txt file to type in. I think I might have accidentally deleted the alut.dll or/and alut.lib files. Now when I try to launch the game I get The title: Launcher.exe - Entry Point Not Found.
With the wording below saying: The procedure entry point alutGetError could not be located in the dynamic library alut.dll.
I am a very technical guy but this one has stumped me. Can somebody please lead me on the right path! I want to start playing again. Thanks.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Asus X53E
64 Bit

*edit* Also keep in mind I think I accidentally overwrite the alut.dll with the .txt file because when I opened the .txt file there was all this coding but half of it was gone Sad HuhConfusedAngel
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 08:31 PM by DavoTesolono.)
04-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Find
DavoTesolono Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Cannot Run Amnesia. Alut.dll File Error

Hi. I ended up Fixing the problem! All I did was restore to a previous version which was saved a couple days ago. Hopefully I can help anybody that has the same issue.
04-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Find
kirosaka Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Cannot Run Amnesia. Alut.dll File Error

I downloaded the Amnesia custom story creator/editor
http://www.shacknews.com/file/20634/amne...itor-suite
Since I bought it through steam I had to download that one...
Anyway, When I tryed to open the editor or any other program it requested alot of dll files, after I downloaded every single one of them it gave me this error
"The procedure entry point alutGetError could not be located in the dynamic link library alut.dll".
Help from an admin would be appreciated
05-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Did you put them into the redist folder, or where your Amnesia.exe is located?

Edit: Also, the official link for the HPL2 Editing tools is found here: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start
Perhaps there may have been some issues with the actual editors itself.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2013, 11:28 AM by Romulator.)
05-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Find
Katybuchanan67 Offline
Banned

Threads: 0

I may or may not have illegally downloaded this game and may or may not have put all the .dll files in the crack folder... It still won't work, says the alutGetError thing.

Attached Files
.png   AmnesiaScreenShot.png (Size: 259.1 KB / Downloads: 189)
09-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Bye and f@*k you!
09-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Find