Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Love for bad music
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Love for bad music

(04-08-2013, 08:51 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 08:47 PM)WIWWM Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 12:00 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 11:46 AM)WIWWM Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 11:09 AM)Sarcophagus Wrote: I don't listen to computer-made music, I only listen to bands who are able to play a damn guitar or the drums or whatever.

I was talking about today's music which is dissapointing.
Even MTV has become a useless crap lately.

And when I said repetitive lyrics I was talking about songs like Bieber's Baby.

I would like to talk about music but it would be a long ass conversation.
Quote:I only listen to bands who are able to play a damn guitar or the drums or whatever.

well, then is is so bad to say i only listen to bands (or persons in most cases) that can use a damn computer?
(use a computer to make good (in my opinion) music that is)

Tell me an artist/band so I can see what are you talking about
For basic's almost all forms of dubstep. Skrillex, Nero, Deadmau5. ECT.

Of course dubstep.. what else can it be?
Electronic.

04-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-08-2013, 09:37 PM)Hardarm Wrote: "Post-rock is only for people who can't properly play an instrument"

omg if anyone has actually ever said that

dei

srsly

and yeah electronic music can be just as emotional as any other form of music. Proofffff

Posting Freak
04-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

worst music ever

[Image: p229xcq]
04-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Find
Focalize Offline

Threads: 6

I really love the way this thread is no longer about bad music, but that's awesome Big Grin

The way I see good music is something that feels maybe because I rely on emotions/intuition too much (I know they aren't the same thing, shh). I can't resist catchy songs, regardless of the genre. Let me rephrase that, songs with some kind of twist to them that makes them memorable. Pop songs aren't bad, it's just the way radio stations blast them 24/7 repetitively in infinite loops. Although, a "good" reason to completely refuse pop music is just to "be unique/different". I don't get people like that, no offence, and there are a lot of them out there, clone-like, how very unique.

As for those of you arguing over the way music is made, that's understandable because you don't want to pay for albums made by lazy bums. Unless you pirate, then your argument is invalid. I'm more concerned with the reaction that the music evokes. I don't remember the source but I watched a documentary on a computer program that analyses "hit/popular music" throughout history and it actually came up with some model that all or most of these songs fit into. I have nothing against people that don't like mainstream things, but a lot of the times things are popular because there is something special/good about them. So is there actually something hardwired into us to pinpoint the good/bad in music? Then what about different tastes? But if there are only so many genres of music out there doesn't that mean our tastes are limited to a fixed number of combinations?

Oh and I disapprove people that turned me down from joining their bands because a keyboardist makes them too electro. I should've joined as a guitarist and make them all suck HAHAHAHAHAA (and then get fired :'( ).

[Image: tumblr_mqgl69kyLV1ql2603o1_500.jpg]
04-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(04-08-2013, 11:52 PM)Shimeji Wrote: The way I see good music is something that feels maybe because I rely on emotions/intuition too much (I know they aren't the same thing, shh). I can't resist catchy songs, regardless of the genre. Let me rephrase that, songs with some kind of twist to them that makes them memorable. Pop songs aren't bad, it's just the way radio stations blast them 24/7 repetitively in infinite loops. Although, a "good" reason to completely refuse pop music is just to "be unique/different". I don't get people like that, no offence, and there are a lot of them out there, clone-like, how very unique.

I don't really like pop's general sounds, (except for some voices)
I got so unused to them that now I don't like when I listen to it, and I got to listen to it through my whole childhood, but I find the music I listen to now more refreshing and enjoyable. Everyone has different tastes, too bad that kids are very limited today, they find it hard to go outside the box. (music talking)

listen to boards of canada
04-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(04-08-2013, 11:52 PM)Shimeji Wrote: I don't remember the source but I watched a documentary on a computer program that analyses "hit/popular music" throughout history and it actually came up with some model that all or most of these songs fit into.

Pachelbel's Canon in D. Big Grin

^(;,;)^
04-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

Reminds me of this:

04-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3