Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Simple question regarding .hps files
salsbury Offline

Threads: 3
Simple question regarding .hps files

Hello everyone,

I just joined this forum, as I've begun working on my mod, which is going well so far. I'm still building the level, but it's almost done and then I'll move into the scripting phase.

My question is really simple for likely all of you, but I'm brand new to all this and couldn't find a tutorial that explained it. How do I make the required .hps file to begin scripting? I know once you make it, you go from there. But all I ever see is someone saying "make a .hps file version of your game map" and then they go on. I'm really stumped, and I'm sure it's simple but again I'm just getting used to the editor and such.

Thanks in advance.
04-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Simple question regarding .hps files

Just save the notepad file (Use Notepad++ , it will make scripting a lot easier.) as "Example.hps". Change the "Example" to the name of your map. The ".hps" extension is what makes it into the file you want.
04-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Simple question regarding .hps files

Once you make the file, your done! Just write the script in the file, and the game will automatically use that hps file which has the same name as the map.

In Ruins [WIP]
04-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Find