Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you agree
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I agree
60.00%
3 60.00%
I do not agree
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Battlefield 4
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43
Information  Battlefield 4

This is what i think about the realease of bf4 i personally think they should wait a year or two before they realease the game reason is because they can upgrade the game even more then right now, now it looks like a improved version of bf3 one down side to it being realeased this year is that they dont have as much time that they usally have to develop the game, if this continue the graphics and all the other things will get outdated like call of duty they only have a year lifespan so they can't upgrade that much. Dodgy

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2013, 08:40 AM by wolfmaster1231.)
04-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Battlefield 4

To be honest, I never really jumped on the bandwagon myself for Battlefield. I have an older brother who enjoys Call Of Duty, so once in a while, I do play that.

As far as I can really say stuff, I believe that in order for any form of gaming these days coming up for release can only go so far when it comes to graphics. Today, developers seem to rather sell their games on dual-layer DVD-R (as far as I know) when releasing on console, and consoles can only go so far for graphical support.

I much prefer the older generation of gaming, such as The Legend Of Zelda. It didnt focus on graphics, but you still knew where you were, and there was a great storyline. Games these days seem to focus more on just the graphics rather than the storylines, which to me is quite a downer.

If they want to release graphical updates and such into the sequel, I would only recommend it on PC, or when the next generation of PlayStation or Xbox consoles are released. Both are currently in development as it is and will hopefully, revive the market as we take a step forward. Games these days tend to be the same IMO, shoot a zombie in the head, pay attention to your HUD, Talk to this guy and he'll tell you where to go. This is why I enjoyed Amnesia, because it gave you your own pace. You had to solve puzzles, never pay too much attention to all your surroundings, and gave you a reason to continue because you wanted to finish it; not so just at the end you had to go from level 70, 80 or 55 back to 1 and start over again.

For now, I shall sit on the fence, but I am leaning a bit towards the negative.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2013, 09:49 AM by Romulator.)
04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Oh is Battlefield 4 already around the corner? And isn't this like the 12th game of the series? I dunno, when the only game with a higher number on the end than yours is friggin' Final Fantasy, I think it's about time to reevaluate your priorities as a game publisher in general. Big Grin But maybe that's just me - I just find it increasingly difficult to take a game seriously, the longer it clings to a certain franchise. Especially when there's a rather short timespan inbetween the installments and the only thing that seems to really change is a gradual improvement in the graphics... nah thanks, I rather spend my time trying out new games than playing essentially the same game over and over. Wink (And paying 50 bucks for it every time!)
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(04-18-2013, 11:02 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Oh is Battlefield 4 already around the corner? And isn't this like the 12th game of the series? I dunno, when the only game with a higher number on the end than yours is friggin' Final Fantasy, I think it's about time to reevaluate your priorities as a game publisher in general. Big Grin But maybe that's just me - I just find it increasingly difficult to take a game seriously, the longer it clings to a certain franchise. Especially when there's a rather short timespan inbetween the installments and the only thing that seems to really change is a gradual improvement in the graphics... nah thanks, I rather spend my time trying out new games than playing essentially the same game over and over. Wink (And paying 50 bucks for it every time!)

I think the main difference is that Final Fantasy has a different storyline each time, and their extensiveness of the variety of ways which are experimented in the games which do not go in numerical order Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: I think the main difference is that Final Fantasy has a different
storyline each time, and their extensiveness of the variety of ways
which are experimented in the games which do not go in numerical order [Image: smile.gif]
Hah, yeah! At least they're doing their best to try and be creative with the franchise, there's no denying that. (I still think they should finally let it die in peace - but that's another topic entirely.) I don't really see the same spirit in series like Battlefield and Call of Duty though...
04-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

LEEEEEEEEEEEENSSSSSSS FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE

04-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

I think people need to really, super, duper u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d basic punctuation!!

It's getting harder to keep upgrading the graphics, what happens 10 years from now when we have photorealistic real-time Blizzard (Developer of WoW/SC2/D3 if you live under a Rock) CGI graphics?
What major stride can we put into, short than giving people LSD so they can zoom in and out of reality?

But I like the trailer, looks really nice. Story and campaign looks like it will be crappy again though. My favorite part and I hope it's real-time in the multiplayer. Is the particles, like the smoke and stuff should be dynamic and moves with the wind. I hope they put in weather effects, I'm getting tired of playing every game in sunlight or clear night sky.
04-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43

(04-18-2013, 08:36 PM)Rapture Wrote: I think people need to really, super, duper u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d basic punctuation!!

It's getting harder to keep upgrading the graphics, what happens 10 years from now when we have photorealistic real-time Blizzard (Developer of WoW/SC2/D3 if you live under a Rock) CGI graphics?
What major stride can we put into, short than giving people LSD so they can zoom in and out of reality?

But I like the trailer, looks really nice. Story and campaign looks like it will be crappy again though. My favorite part and I hope it's real-time in the multiplayer. Is the particles, like the smoke and stuff should be dynamic and moves with the wind. I hope they put in weather effects, I'm getting tired of playing every game in sunlight or clear night sky.
I have heard that they are going to add diveing too so you can be underwater not sure it is confirmed though

04-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(04-26-2013, 07:41 AM)wolfmaster1231 Wrote: I have heard that they are going to add diveing too so you can be underwater not sure it is confirmed though

that'd be awesome!
04-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Find