Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Hammer and Chipper break open door?
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75
RE: Making Hammer and Chipper break open door?

(04-21-2013, 03:48 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot that you need an inactive Hammer and Chipper at the door. It should be in Entities/Item and have the name "stone_hammer_move" and "stone_chipper_move" without the quotation marks.

OK, I have put them in place but the door still breaks open immediately without playing the animations Confused

Im getting somewhere. I had the names wrong. I was supposed to put those names of the moveable objects in the script and they were wrong... but the door still breaks first so im going to have another mess and see what happens.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 04:24 PM by serbusfish.)
04-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Find
Tomato Cat Offline

Threads: 2

PHP Code: (Select All)
void DoorUnlockAnim(string &in asItemstring &in asEntity)
{
SetPropHealth("RustyLock"0.0f); //RustyLock is the Lock.
SetPropHealth("DoorName"0.0f); //Door is hit with damage too as you explained it. Change doorname to what ever your door's name is.
SetSwingDoorLocked("DoorName"falsefalse); //Change doorname to whatever your door's name is.
PlaySoundAtEntity("""LOCKBREAK.snt""Player"0.0ffalse); //Change LOCKBREAK.snt to the sound of a lock broken with the extension .snt.
SetEntityActive("Hammer"true); //Hammer.
SetEntityActive("Chipper"true); //Chipper.
AddTimer(""1.4f"HammerChipperMove");

The prop health for the door is set to 0.0, which would break it. Set it to something like 80.0, it may solve your problem.

RAISE YOUR DONGERS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
04-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Find
serbusfish Offline

Threads: 75

Finally it is sorted Smile

I got rid of the loop timer and just added another timer that replacted the first, then I moved the commands to break door and stuff to the end. Then I added in some particle effects, sanity boost and prop impulse to open the door and voila, done. Cheers for the help Smile

04-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Find