Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Invisible model + Poly reduction
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Invisible model + Poly reduction

(04-25-2013, 01:41 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: No and Yes. You need to find another model that's not copyrighted, not slightly change it.

When I said change the model I meant replacing it.
Well thanks anyway Smile
04-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Well first of 5.5 K polygons is low for a car model, it won't be a problem, so don't worry about reducing it!

Secondly, copyrighted/ripped models are not alowed here on the forums, so if you decide to upload a story here containing such models it will be taken down.

Finally, have you actually created .mat files using the material editor so that the game engine can read your textures?
04-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13

(04-26-2013, 05:46 PM)Traggey Wrote: Well first of 5.5 K polygons is low for a car model, it won't be a problem, so don't worry about reducing it!

Secondly, copyrighted/ripped models are not alowed here on the forums, so if you decide to upload a story here containing such models it will be taken down.

Finally, have you actually created .mat files using the material editor so that the game engine can read your textures?

I got the model working perfectly, as the modelview created the .mat files for me.
The model is BARELY seen, maybe for around 20 seconds, so I didn't spend much time on it.

Anyway non of this matters as the model's ripped. Sad
I am looking for days now for a low poly 3d vehicle model (free) that isn't copyrighted, but I can't find any, nowhere... They are either high poly, cost around 50$, or copyrighted. (converted from a game, etc)...
I'd really appreciate if anyone can link me a model with these requirements!
04-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Find