Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Noob at PC games, in need of installation help
Tadderz0113 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  Total Noob at PC games, in need of installation help

So as stated before (and no hate please), I am very much new at this. (Like, I just bought this game yesterday at staples because it was only ten bucks and I said to myself: why not?) When I was installing, I had to try twice before getting through basic installation. Then, I entered the activation code and it gave me this error:[Image: thisistheerror]
So yeah...
I have no idea what I'm doing and I need baby-step help, especially because I read the troubleshoot pages and was further confused. Please help!
04-29-2013, 01:45 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Total Noob at PC games, in need of installation help

what error exactly?
04-29-2013, 03:24 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Total Noob at PC games, in need of installation help

Seems like a black box error according to this picture.

Also, give us your HPL.log on My Documents/Amnesia/Main.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-29-2013, 06:13 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

It could maybe also help if you could tell us what kind of PC you have. In case you're not sure how to find this info: Go to the Start Menu then type in "system" in the search field. You should find an entry called "System Information".
Once in there, "System Summary" will give you info about your processor and RAM and "display" under the "Components"-rollout will show you what kind of graphics card you have. These are the most important informations when it comes to games Smile You can also check the minimum system requirements on the back of the Amnesia box and compare them to what you have. Maybe this will already reveal the source of the problem. Big Grin
04-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

attach HPL.log as mentioned in the troubleshooting guide, problem X
04-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Here is a thread about a similar problem:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5470.html

Do you have an Intel graphics card?
Try to install latest Intel graphics driver, otherwise got a nVIDIA or AMD card.
Intel is not powerful enough to play modern games.
04-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Find