Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to bring up the debug menu
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
Unable to bring up the debug menu

I read the dev. wiki and setup my environment however when in-game I am unable to load the debug menu to load my map.

04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Unable to bring up the debug menu

Click F1.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

I know. I press "F1" and nothing comes up. Also I have not redefined any keys or anything like that.

04-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

find in your documents this amnesia file main/main_settings.cfg
is this value true? LoadDebugMenu="true"

if not, set it and try again.

04-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(04-30-2013, 08:02 PM)Amn Wrote: find in your documents this amnesia file main/main_settings.cfg
is this value true? LoadDebugMenu="true"

if not, set it and try again.

I finally got my map loaded. Bad news is that I fall through the map and I can see no lights or anything. I have the player location set and a floor.

I know that no one is obligated to help me, but if anyone could look at it here it is.

04-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

What's with those small box lights? (And your ponies)
You have no vision on your map.

Make sure to match your starting area with your cs config, there's another area lost below the floor.
Keep testing and playing with it, that's how i learned.

04-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(04-30-2013, 08:57 PM)Amn Wrote: What's with those small box lights?
You have no vision on your map.

What do you mean whats with my ponies? lol there no ponies on my map. Also when you say I have no "vision" do you mean that literally or metaphorically? you realize this is just a simple test map so I can figure the basics out right? :p nothing more.

(04-30-2013, 08:57 PM)Amn Wrote: (And your ponies)

Actually they do not belong to me they are property of Hasbro®.

(04-30-2013, 08:57 PM)Amn Wrote: Make sure to match your starting area with your cs config, there's another area lost below the floor.

My Custom Story config. all the map editor gave me is that single file. Did I forget something? I am sorry for being so slow, but I am very new to it.

04-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(04-30-2013, 08:28 PM)darkely Wrote: I finally got my map loaded. Bad news is that I fall through the map and I can see no lights or anything. I have the player location set and a floor.

I know that no one is obligated to help me, but if anyone could look at it here it is.

Falling through the map:
Have you put in a player start area? If not, you need to. That will be where you start on your map. If you don't have one, you're probably going to spawn off the map, which sucks.

Lights:
Have you put in a box light? Try following this tutorial for lighting.

No, I didn't download your map because I'm getting ready for work right now and just popped on to the forum for a quick second while I enjoy my tea. If neither of the solutions I suggested work, I'll download it and see what I can do, okay?

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
04-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(04-30-2013, 09:24 PM)Kiandra Wrote:
(04-30-2013, 08:28 PM)darkely Wrote: I finally got my map loaded. Bad news is that I fall through the map and I can see no lights or anything. I have the player location set and a floor.

Falling through the map:
Have you put in a player start area? If not, you need to. That will be where you start on your map. If you don't have one, you're probably going to spawn off the map, which sucks.

Lights:

No, I didn't download your map because I'm getting ready for work right now and just popped on to the forum for a quick second while I enjoy my tea. If neither of the solutions I suggested work, I'll download it and see what I can do, okay?

The player location is already set I made sure of that. As for the lighting I'll take a look at that tutorial for the lighting.

I made sure that the player start area was on top just above the floor so I can spawn properly. However when I load it everything is black and then after a few moments I get the death message saying "you must go on...".

04-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(04-30-2013, 09:31 PM)darkely Wrote:
(04-30-2013, 09:24 PM)Kiandra Wrote:

Falling through the map:

Lights:

The player location is already set I made sure of that. As for the lighting I'll take a look at that tutorial for the lighting.

I made sure that the player start area was on top just above the floor so I can spawn properly. However when I load it everything is black and then after a few moments I get the death message saying "you must go on...".

Make sure the custom_story_settings.cfg is pointing at the right PlayerStartArea.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Find